The one that broke the ice.

alexthegrrr8

I've been down to some certain local waters lately with fly rod in hand. Well... it happened on a nymph under an indicator I broke the ice. I got myself my first Lower Niagara fish, personal best on the fly, personal best trout (period). Man.. those conditions were perfect today overcast and all. Great visibility.

Alex

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/uploa...136_1165254.jpg

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/uploa...136_1253904.jpg

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/uploa...136_1447671.jpg

nice fish there Alex told ya nymphs are the way to go

Thanks. Every other I time I tried down there I tried nymphs to no avail... this one was the 5th nymph pattern of the day. Nymphs and I have gotten along real well this year. I really think it was more of a speed of drift thing vs nymph however. It makes me wonder if I had tied on a streamer or egg pattern with the same weight what might've happened. It was the right pattern for this particular fish though. One of the hardest strikes I've ever experienced bar none.

Alex

I've been down to some certain local waters lately with fly rod in hand. Well... it happened on a nymph under an indicator I broke the ice. I got myself my first Lower Niagara fish, personal best on the fly, personal best trout (period). Man.. those conditions were perfect today overcast and all. Great visibility.

Alex

How do I post pics?

Until I get it figured out I made a gallery with it. To view please see the gallery.

nice looking fish Alex

Did you try your new waders yet?

Denis:

Definitely and those Frog Toggs are great. I was telling my wife down there that they made the difference (I feel without them I don't get that fish). Definitely allowed me to have better line control and control the drifts. Thanks again Denis. I was going to e-mail you the pics to you with a thank-you note but I wasn't sure whether to or not.

Alex

solid fish man, maybe i'll run into you down there one of these days..

keep em comin!

Joe:

Thanks a bunch for your help. I sorta got it figured out now.

Thoroldfisher:

Thanks for the compliment on the fish. I'll have to keep my eye open for ya down there. If I see ya down there I'll definitely stop and say hello.

Alex

Those are some real nice browns Alex......congrats on the catch ! I have to also compliment the picture taker , beautiful shots with great clairity !

Smerch:

Thanks for the compliment on the fish.

I'll definitely pass on the compliments to my wife as she took the pics. More often than not she joins me when I'm on the water. Without her, I wouldn't have the pics from this year. She got some wild pics of me yesterday wading and casting.

Alex

Archived