NF..please don't delete....NEED FURNACE HELP

charlieD

Any furnace guys on here. Mine stopped working, it turns on but there is no heat. Need help ASAP cause its cold as heck!! I can PM someone with my phone number so I can chat about it. Located in Fort erie.

Mods please don't delete.

I don't know about furnaces but until someone that knows suff about them answers you should light up the fireplace and try to heat up a room so that you don't get too cold BUT DO NOT USE A BBQ FOR HEAT AS IT GIVES OFF GASSES THAT CAN KILL YOU. just in case sorry I couldn't help more.

Charlie sounds like the pilot is out. try to relight it as per the instructions on the furnace. It should go something like this...Turn knob to "light" push down and light pilot.Do not let go of knob for about a minute or so. When you let go it should stay lit then turn knob to back to where it was. If this does not work its probably the thermacouple. They are pretty cheap and can be bought at Home hardware or possibly CTC.

Sometimes the end of the thermocouple becomes covered in soot from the burning and plugged. try turning off the gas to the furnace,remove the thermacouple take some emery cloth to the end of the thermacouple and run a thin in the hole at the end. You should be able to blow air through it pretty easily. reattach the thermacouple and try lighting again.. Home this helps....Thom

Any furnace guys on here. Mine stopped working, it turns on but there is no heat. Need help ASAP cause its cold as heck!! I can PM someone with my phone number so I can chat about it. Located in Fort erie.

Mods please don't delete.

I don't know about furnaces but until someone that knows suff about them answers you should light up the fireplace

:P You Torontonites kill me!

Charlie are you still cold? Give me a call and I'll come have a look. These things always happen on Sundays or holidays :)

When it turns on, do you mean the burner lights ? or the fan comes on?

Maybe the motor for the fan is gone or the belt? if the burner is on.

If this happens you will probably smell heat from the registers but don't get much heating effect.

My furnace is about 4 yrs old.....high eff. It has no pilot light and it has sensors that can shut it down instead . The old 40 yr old Lennox was still good when it was removed & I replaced a thermo coupler once myself , plus 2 belts for the fan . Make sure the filter is clean , it can starve the furnace for air . I hope you get help from a qualified person who can show you how its done properly .......be safe with gas ......know where the shutoff valve is in case you need to shut it off quickly . Lots of luck , let us know how you made out .

I left it off all night....it was 48 degrees this morning, LOL. Turned it on and it worked till it got back up to right temp, then it didn't work. Then it clicked back on and worked. I have no idea whats going on, I replaced the filter so hopefully that works. Just wanted some opinions from you guys as I have no money for a furnace guy, been a rough year.

Oh ya, its a newer furnace, so there is no pilot light.

I left it off all night....it was 48 degrees this morning, LOL. Turned it on and it worked till it got back up to right temp, then it didn't work. Then it clicked back on and worked. I have no idea whats going on, I replaced the filter so hopefully that works. Just wanted some opinions from you guys as I have no money for a furnace guy, been a rough year.

Oh ya, its a newer furnace, so there is no pilot light.

Hopefully I'm reading this right. Glad that you're back in the heat again. Could it be a thermostat issue?

Alex

Archived