Lake Simcoe

niagarasteelheader

Just got back last night after a couple days on Simcoe, went out off Innisville Beach rd. Fished Tuesday and Wednesday, finally got my first (2nd and 3rd) white fish on Lake Simcoe. Tuesday we could have been off the ice by 1030 if we wanted, I had my 2 and my buddy was letting smaller ones go while trying for a big one. Went back on Wednesday (ate the fish from the day before that night*) and I lost 2 big ones at the first spot, and managed one later on in the day, other 2 buddies missed a couple but didn't connect. Of course the camera died as soon as I turned it on the first day, but charged it up at my buddies house and got some inside pics.

Dagan's 5lb'r

P1120797.jpg

Dagan's 2nd fish

P1120798.jpg

My 3.5lb'r

P1120799.jpg

A 3lb'r

P1120800.jpg

Day 2's 3lb'r

P1130804.jpg

All fish were caugh jigging spoons, couldn't buy a bite on a tip up. Never had anything but smoked whitefish before this and I gotta say they're damn good fried!!!

Nice going guys , great looking ice shack ! :blink: I haven't had whitefish for a long time , forget how they tasted ! We used to fish for them at Oro11 rd. where the water was very deep . We fished all night and also dropped a line down about 6 ft . for some nice smelts ......but that was over 30 yrs ago ......it's probably not the same fishing there now .

kidding about the "shack"..................................................... :blink:

Archived