Ice fishing the pond today

marth11

well today I hit the ice on martindale today I caught around 6 fish brought home 2 ah gill and a perch met up with rick (bigbassmon) and another guy I didnt quite reconize well here is the pic and video

IMG_1720.jpg

You have that gill fishing down pat Joey . They like the mags and they even grabbed my rap jig tipped with a minnow head . .....real scrappy little things for their size . Your camera takes excellent videos , thanks for the pics .

Six? Come on Joey. You were two feet away from me! And guys, that fish was only 1" long. I need to get one of those cameras!!!! LMAO. Good fishin with ya kid.

Rick

:Gonefishing: ya but I was using maggots :) nice fishing with you as well In trying to get out right now but know luck on getting there so far

How is the ice on the pond?

depends most parts are an average of 5 inches the inner bays are a good 7 inches

Ya I here ya. Tryin to get there myself but the body is a little sore. Have enough trouble diggin my own holes, let alone diggin them for a 16 year old!!!!!! LMAO

:Gonefishing: its 18 but yay I suck at drilling holes :)

didnt you old farts know that the youngest guy gets to drill the holes since hes got the best heart lol

I dont think they wanted to wait that long for a hole by the sounds of it.Next practice it's 20 holes & no rods on the ice!I have met a couple people who struggled with the auger but it gets easy with practice.

Archived