Finished Bull Trout and simple base

Erik.T.

Erik, there is a huge market for what you are doing. If you ever get to the point where you can produce a good replica of an actual specific fish, you'll be able to name your price. There are carvers out there who make a small fortune at it. A hand-carved replica of a special fish is more durable and has more character than the common graphite or fiberglass replicas that are out there now.

Erik, there is a huge market for what you are doing. If you ever get to the point where you can produce a good replica of an actual specific fish, you'll be able to name your price. There are carvers out there who make a small fortune at it. A hand-carved replica of a special fish is more durable and has more character than the common graphite or fiberglass replicas that are out there now.

This is an idea that I have thought over for a bit. Once I do a couple good carvings I might put them in a woodcarving show or something and I will probably be doing selling some carvings this summer but I probably won't be making fullsize replicas for now, just smaller desktop carvings because I havent figured out how to burn in scales yet for bigger fish. I also gotta work at adding more movement to my carvings.

Archived