Whats the biggest fish you've caught?

scottydog

I was just thinking and wondering about what the biggest fish you guys have caught and landed. I'm sure you all have few tales. My biggest are two fish. I caught a 46lb musky on Georgian Bay( 52" long fish trolling in October). Also a 8lb smallmouth out of Port Maitland.Drifting crayfish. Let me know on your biggest fish. Good fishing. Scottydog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just thinking and wondering about what the biggest fish you guys have caught and landed. I'm sure you all have few tales. My biggest are two fish. I caught a 46lb musky on Georgian Bay( 52" long fish trolling in October). Also a 8lb smallmouth out of Port Maitland.Drifting crayfish. Let me know on your biggest fish. Good fishing. Scottydog

13362[/snapback]

5 or more pike over 20 pounds lots of 36" and up anywhere from orillia to kingston to nipissing .......smallmouth bass 6 1/2 lbs on french river...largemouth lake gibson in thorold 6 lbs

Guest Jeetmuck

13.9 pd Walleye from Lake of the Woods

45 pd Muskie from English River, Whitedog, ON

24 pd Chinnie from Bronte Creek

14 pd Bow from Saugeen River

Quite a few Salmon from B.C., Alaska and Yukon but never weighed them.

I haven't specifically targetted Bass at all, although have caught many, never really measured or weighed them.

13362[/snapback]

Well, to be honest, It would have to be the 25+ pound Carp that I caught in Port Maitland over the years. I've caught many "sport" fish (i.e. Bass, Pickerel) that would be considered trophies...but nothing that could top the weight of these bottom feeders. They have even taken lures on occcasion! Despite their lowly status, they provide a solid fight, one of them "burnt" the drag mechanism out of a rear drag (!) Shimano reel that I had. I landed one super Carp.....and there was a Hungarian nearby that gladly accepted the fish...intended for "goulash". He was so happy that he gave my bud and me a bag of chips and some Pepsi in return....so a "win-win" situation :worthy: Good memories for sure!

Technosis

By asking the "biggest" fish.....does length count too ? Good ! I caught a 47" eel at Port Dal. years ago when the water was a cesspool . Also got huge sheepheads in Quinte but never weighed them , cheap scales can lie a bit . Biggest trout was a 10 lb bow (approx) and about the same for a brown ,and for walleye , 11 pounder out of Quinte which is just a "little guy" by today's standards. My all time biggest game fish was a 28 lb chinny taken about 200 yds west of the Port Dal pier . ------it wrapped itself around the down-rigger cable , went under the boat , then came back out and freed itself from the cable until we got it netted ! That was my biggest, and best memory of a scrappy fish ! I need to get a BIG pike next , like 20 lbs . :worthy:

17.8lb Chinook Hen, on the Maitland River - downstream of the Falls Reserve, in September 2003. Caught on a 13ft St. Croix SCII float rod & IS Steelheader reel. It jumped at least 4 times, which was strange, given the size of the fish and the fact it was full of eggs. Released, hopefully to spawn up top....

That 8-9 pound Walleye I caught down in Queenston is still my biggest fish. In late September I hooked into something big at port which jumped at least 1'+ in the air twice and threw the hook.

Guest ChromeCrusher
there's a crazy internet phenominom that always presents itself...

HOW does everyone and their brother catch a bass over 6 pounds, yet bass anglers/tourney guys have a hard time breaking five?

I need some of your guys/gals luck!!!!!

13372[/snapback]

Nobody catches 6 pounders!!!!! They're liars. I was in a touney on Simcoe last June, and the biggest bass in Ontario tourney history was weighed in at 7lbs 4oz or 5oz...something like that. The next biggest was 5 and change. And thats on L. Simcoe, a Big Bass factory!

36" chinook

30" carp

a muskie around 30"

27" eye

had something in port dalhousie blow a rod out on me. an older guy was watching me screaming thats 45 pounds!

Guest yo fish

125lbs striped marlin cabo san lucas

125lbs sailfish Extapa

100lbs blue shark Mantaulk

51lbs yellow fin tuna cape May

43lbs albacor tuna Ocean City

44lbs blue cat James river

30 lbs chinock Port Credit

25lbs lake trout port Dalhousie(Had no net, pulled him in on one side of the boat to fall out the other side. Only big fish without pic.)

48" muskie lake St. Clair

Large Maui Maui Many Places

40+" yellow tail jack Cabo

36"+ needlefish Cabo

12lbs walleye Bay of Quinte

15lbs striped bass new Jersey

48"= barracuda Cancun

Many in the teens rainbow

5lbs large mouth Kawarthas Nothing to large for small mouth lots of 3s and the odd 4lbs

and lots of others and more to come and sturgeon hopefully this nov. on the Fraser. looking for people who want to join me

Guest fishstick
125lbs striped marlin cabo san lucas

125lbs  sailfish Extapa

100lbs blue shark Mantaulk

51lbs yellow fin tuna cape May

43lbs albacor tuna Ocean City

44lbs blue cat James river

30 lbs chinock Port Credit

25lbs lake trout port Dalhousie(Had no net, pulled him in on one side of the boat to fall out the other side. Only big fish without pic.)

48" muskie lake St. Clair

Large Maui Maui Many Places

40+" yellow tail jack Cabo

36"+ needlefish Cabo

12lbs walleye Bay of Quinte

15lbs striped bass new Jersey

48"= barracuda Cancun

Many in the teens rainbow

5lbs large mouth Kawarthas Nothing to large for small mouth lots of 3s and the odd 4lbs

and lots of others and more to come and sturgeon hopefully this nov. on the Fraser. looking for people who want to join me

13405[/snapback]

Are you going to set up a trip on this site, or will you do it by emails? Count me in either way. Btw....must be nice to have fished in those places, even just being there. Congrats!

Mine: a 24lb salmon out of Port D, right where the big ol' willow tree used to be at the start of the east pier where they built the marina by the $$$ boat store.

Biggest: 60 lb sturgeon in the Menominee River in Wisconsin

Biggest Salmon 38 lbs off the Olcott Pier

Lots of other salmon in the 30's over the years, too many to count,

Carp 32 lbs

2 northerns over 25 lbs, 1 in 18mile creek at Olcott, the other off the Pier at the mouth of the Menominee River in Wisconsin (though technically off the pier on the Michigan side of the River where it dumps into Green Bay)

30 lb catfish (again on the Menominee River Pier)

Tim

Guest yo fish
Are you going to set up a trip on this site, or will you do it by emails? Count me in either way. Btw....must be nice to have fished in those places, even just being there. Congrats!

Mine: a 24lb salmon out of Port D, right where the big ol' willow tree used to be at the start of the east pier where they built the marina by the $$$ boat store.

13407[/snapback]

I haven't put much thought into the plan ,any suggestions?

Guest perchmaster

i caught a 3 and a half pound perch last spring... i got a picture of it id like to post, just dont have the connection to put it on to my computer as of yet... im kinda still a rookie fisherman... this is only my 3 rd season really.

28 inch steelhead...

on the same day at small boat harbor last spring i caught 2 bass

19 inch 5 lb small mouth...

18 inch 4.2 lb large

they were chillin right by the shore on the first day of bass season... iwas hitting them in the face with a jig for 10 minute before they bit it in defense of thier nets

Guest cplummer

i took my post off to save arguement but just because a fish isn't registered don't mean that bigger ones are not caught !! the perch that perchmaster caught is a beauty as mine was close but not as heavy. They are out there .If anyone remembers teddy rooker from eastside bait and tackle just ask his family about the perch he caught netting them off port dal.. they are huge.....2-3.5 lbs ......

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

42 lb. Chinook Salmon,Bronte Creek ,Picture to prove it. :worthy:

17 lb. Rainbow Trout,Caroles Point,Burlington,pic as well

the rianbow was a big male caught it last ice or ice out. :lol:

Guest walleye4us
i took my post off to save arguement but just because  a fish isn't registered don't mean that bigger ones are not caught !!  the perch that perchmaster caught is a beauty as mine was close but not as heavy. They are out there .If anyone remembers teddy rooker from eastside bait and tackle just ask his family about the perch he caught netting them off port dal..  they are huge.....2-3.5 lbs  ......

13414[/snapback]

I went out and watched him lift his nets 1 day. Most discusting thing I have ever seen. More dead fish he could not keep and deep sixed. Ban all gill nets from raping the lake like he did for years.

Guest muskiehntr
i took my post off to save arguement but just because  a fish isn't registered don't mean that bigger ones are not caught !!  the perch that perchmaster caught is a beauty as mine was close but not as heavy. They are out there .If anyone remembers teddy rooker from eastside bait and tackle just ask his family about the perch he caught netting them off port dal..  they are huge.....2-3.5 lbs  ......

13414[/snapback]

well i'm not saying i don't beleive you, but can you prove that fish, and i must ask where you caught it?

i mean there is thousnds of fisherman going after perch all year and they whiegh anything over 2lbs in hopes of breaking a record, why would you be over 1lb better? i could understand if it was a couple onces from the record, i know fish go by unnoitced. i'm just saying that if you guy's are catching (and you say consistantly) fish this big then the record would not be off by that much!

Guest fishstick
I haven't put much thought into the plan ,any suggestions?

13409[/snapback]

I would just bring the topic back up once a month. Go back into the archives and retrieve it, and add a reply reminding anglers of the opportunity. If they are interested, they will reply.

Archived