fishing this weekend

tmate

made it out yesterday to martindale and tried the rec today....pretty much got the skunk both days aside from a mud puppy on the rec....

craziest thing ever happened down on martindale though yesterday....was just sitting in my hut fishing when i see something dark swimming right under my hole...i look down and up the hole comes a muskrat...he put his two front feet up on the edge of the ice...saw me...then toook off.....it was unbelievable

seasuckers father also caught a nice 5lb largie on martindale too

200000003.jpg

Handsome puppy there T.F. ! :D Looks like a big one . Last week , while fishing with Dr.Bob , he saw something very wide pass under the 6" hole & thought it might be a carp or some other big fish . But about 15 min. later ,something hit his line in another hole about 10' away and as he ran to grab the rod, water splashed from the hole ! We were stumped ! Was it a carp just beneath the ice , a beaver , or a huge pike ? Were you fishing close to St.Georges point ? I think a muskrat would stick to a small territory , so now I think it may have been a muskrat that was terrorizing the Dr. B)

maybe we have a Nellie lurking the waters of Martindale .................................... :unsure:

caught a mud puppy there too this year...... they are killer in a fishtank! did well at martindale last week.... fish are holdin in the weeds...alot smaller then usual

gotta move around but thats tough bein there is 10 inches of ice! gotta have a good auger... good luck

haha yes sir smerch....right on the point about 25/30 feet out

the pupppy swam another day although it wouldnt have if i had a tank big enough to hold the beast

haha yes sir smerch....right on the point about 25/30 feet out

the pupppy swam another day although it wouldnt have if i had a tank big enough to hold the beast

Well , it looks like Dr.Bob had a muskrat visit his fishing hole ! I'm glad it didn't dive down 8 ft. & take the minnow !! I have to wonder how the muskrat finds his way back to the hole at shore .

Trouts- Only .......Mud puppies are a protected species & must not be harmed & released back into the water . They may be ugly , but to some other salamander they are :unsure:

I hope that puppy got thrown on the ice...hate those things lol ugly as all hell

Mud Puppies are an endangered species in Ontario and are under federal protection. I hope the little guy made its way back into the water. They have their place in our waters and belong there. As ugly as they are they should not be killed over that.

I hope that puppy got thrown on the ice...hate those things lol ugly as all hell

what ya mean ugly as hell there cutest thing ever I want too keep one as a pet

Mud Puppies are an endangered species in Ontario and are under federal protection. I hope the little guy made its way back into the water. They have their place in our waters and belong there. As ugly as they are they should not be killed over that.

Endangered species?? Could have fooled me, I caught 7 the one night on Nipissing while in the ice bungalo's, ended up catching 12 in the 3 nights i was there! :P (All those went back down the hole as well, but kept cursing them mud lizards!)

Archived