Port Dalhousie

Guest Red Fisher

Guest Red Fisher

I am new to the St.Catharines area, can anyone tell me when the Port fishing will begin? I was there 2 weeks ago and there were only a couple guys fishing. I hope I didn't miss anything this past weekend.

Thanks

Red Fisher

Dalhousie should be heating up after the next couple of rain falls and our next cold snap, the weekend was a good example, but it did not last long enough, considering today is 27 with a humidex of 31. Wait til next week, when the weather is suppose to cool down. I would try it around the beginning of October.

tightlines

salmonman

Guest muskiehntr

P.D. is amazing right now if you have the time to do it right, my friend and i have been getting salmon for over two weeks already there, i found that the best time is first tihng in the morning, we fish from 5am and by 6 we are ready to go home with two each. use big glow spoons, and fish them slow

Guest Red Fisher

Thanks for the info guys, what type of glow plugs? What is the brand that you use? Is it better to use a 10 foot rod or can a 7 foot rod work as well? What type of line is used? Which side is better to fish from?

Thanks for the information!

Red fisher

Guest muskiehntr

red: i fish at the east side of the pier, and have been doing pretty well there. i nevert fished the other side so i can't tell you what would be better, but i still haven't seen much happen over there. the spoons i use are 3/4 glow cleo's the colour does not matter they all glow the same. i also use a over sized glow spoon that someone makes and sells at the tackle shop by my house. ant tackle shop in the area would probably sell thes custom spoons.i also use a 7 foot rod with 10 power pro, no lossing a fish on this set up , and can cast a contry mile. i like to save the ware on my more expensive longer rods for rainbows. if i don't need it i don't like to use it. i haven't been down for a few day though so it might be a different storry down there, i usaully go early and get my fill and swich to muskie fishing after the crowds start to gather, in my opoin if your not already there your missing out. see ya down ther when the bow come in, hope i gave you some good tips you were looking for.

Archived