Favourite Fishing location

pike007

Well I thought I would start a new topic get this forum jumping again.

Whats your top 3 favourite lakes or rivers to fish. You may also add your best record fish or memory from that place.

Feel free to add pics if you got them!

1.Georgian bay (Pointe au Baril)> 38" Northern Pike.

2.Sparrow Lake (Orillia)> 6 1/2lb Largemouth bass.

3.Pigeon Lake (Bobcaygeon)> Caught my first muskie

lake ontario(pier)-first brown trout and numerous small trout albeit less than 1lb

otonabee river-pb carp 14lbs

____________-first and largest brook trout 2lbs

1-Grand river : pb cat -12lbs.

2-Jescardin canal:pb-22 lbs carp and 7 lbs rainbow.

3-Port Dalhousie : pb-3.5 lbs small mouth.

4-Port Wellington : pb-4.2 lbs largie.

5-Balsam lake : pb-3.2 lbs walleye.

6-Beaverton : 12" jumbo perch...

7-Port Hope : 24 lbs salmon.

6 lbs brown.

8-Toronto : Hooked into 95 lbs..... 16 years ago (that's my wife)....lol

:worthy:

3.lower niagara-everything and anything..monsters included(22lb.steelie)

2.kawagama-as soon as the ice comes out-flat lining for lakers

1.rice lake manitoba-back trolling for pickies

*rice lake i back trolled with 15 yards of line out, 5 of diamond spinners,tipped with salted minnow..limited out in twenty minutes..large pickeral..i still have a hard time believing that method worked.

Martindale-Tons of fish, lotsa species. No PB's, but I love being able to go down and catch 10 carp in an afternoon in the late spring, all the ice fishing, wicked bass fishing, and some pike. Never know what youll get.

Elephant Lake-Bass all day, when you get bored-Pike. Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Jordan Harbour upstream-Big Cats, but be careful with chicken liver-lotsa snapping turtles

Baptiste Lake near Bancroft-Tons of bass, including my PB

The 40 Mile Creek/Grimsby Marina in Grimsby is where I spent 10 hours a day/7 days a wek in the Summer months, although that creek has since seen its best days, and I havent been in that Marina since they redeveloped. I used to catch PIG perch in there, 100 a day no problem, by the mouth to the Lake, probably had a few that were 15" no shitting you. Learned all about using lures chasing the small bass that hide under the boats, with permission of course, I was lucky and the guy that used to own it saw my passion at an early age (I was 10-16 during this time) that he allowed me in.

I used to enter the Canadian Sportfishing Magazine contest every year, and one of the years I was 7th in all of Canada in the youth category, I won the Brown Trout Live Release category and got Numerous Top Three's for each species-country-wide. I had to take a million photso back then lol (one with length, one with girth, one holding it)

First Eel, First Sheepshead, First Carp, First Pike, First Trout/Salmon all were from right within a 1 square kilometer area in Grimsby, it was an awesome way to grow up lol.

6. Sauble River. We used to have a cottage in our family and I used to spend a few weeks a year up here, fishing smallmouth, a million rock bass at the least, a few pike, but this is where I really cut my teeth and developed my passion, from 1 year old till I was 16 this cottage was in the family, but unfortunately had to be sold due to a death in the family.

A local small unnamed spot that my PB largemouth came from-7.1lbs, which is awesome 'cause I heard even Bob Izumi say he hasnt caught a bass over 7 in Ontario, but his brother did lol

Always has a special spot in my heart, although theres no real numbers there, and Im more concerned with that as I just like the thrill of the fight

Dunnville Dam, Port Dal Pier, Green Ribbon, Beaverdams area, all are good spots you might see me at

PB Largemouth-7.1 as above in Niagara

PB Smallie-5.8 from Baptiste Lake

PB Carp-~35-40 no idea, but I was 15, and I lifted it up for a photo, and its tip of the nose was at my hips, and its tail was still on the ground, the thing was probably 40 inches

PB Pike-37" From Bird Lake, ON

Trib. of Lake Huron 28 inch smallie

That smallie must have been close to a world record! IGFA doesn't list the length but the all-tackle record entry is as follows:

Bass, smallmouth Micropterus dolomieu 11 lbs. 15 oz. - 5.41 kgs Dale Hollow Lake Tennessee USA 09/07/1955 12:00:00 AM David Hayes

wow this is a tough one. great topic. anyways here are a few of my favs.

1. lake simcoe, first laker (9 lbs) first whitie, and more jumbo perch than i can count all threw the ice (needles to say im a diehard icefisherman at heart)

2. pegeon lake. first muskie, and all my muskie have been caught there including pb 45 inch 19lb

3. carlton lake. very remote lake in northern ontario, my brothers and i have taken many fishing / camping trips there with good walleye and pike fishing including my pb pike 39 inch. but what makes it one of my favs is my brohers and i descovered this lake by going on a crazy adventure. there is a small island in the middle we camp on. and there is something about being out in the wilderness that is truly undiscribable, shore lunches, fishing all day, bear and moose sightings and awsome fishing. this lake should really have my number 1 spot.

4. mountsberg resevour. when i lived in burlington in my teens we would zip up here every chance we got. and all thow it can be a female dog to fish at times. but i have had very productive days. one day my buddy and i landed 35 pike and 7 largemouth whitch included my pb canadian largemouth (6lb) and a 33 inch pike (large for mountsberg)

i have many other fav spots but if you asked me were my fondest fishing memories can from thows would be the top 4.

I see that Pigeon lake has been mentioned more then once and gets the award for first muskie caught, just to shows how much of a healthy muskie population pigeon really has. Good to here!!

Even after fishing some 500 bodies of water I still do not have any favourites. Not when there are some 50,000 lakes in this province, let alone Canada.

There are numerous places of local convenience but my big kick is fishing new water.

Even after fishing some 500 bodies of water I still do not have any favourites. Not when there are some 50,000 lakes in this province, let alone Canada.

There are numerous places of local convenience but my big kick is fishing new water.

Thats a bunch of malarky :D , LOL, everybody has at least one favourite fishing spot.

Whats it gonna take to get it out of you?

Guest TC1OZ

#1 = Around the many islands of Parry Sound (I have an island to myself, fishing trips offered up this summer)

#2 = Lake Erie

#3 = Port Dalhousie

I thinks its time to pitch in,

- martindale pond mainly for ice fishing and panfish

P7140368.jpg

P1230123.jpg

P2280156.jpg

Port Dalhousie for bass and perch

P6270348.jpg

P6270346.jpg

JoeyFish.jpg

Hamilton Harbor were my PB carp came from