Queenston boat launch upper parking lot

spottedGARRR

My girl friends car was broken into today while we walked our dogs along the trail towards the dams. Her entire purse was stolen, passport, id, bank/visa cards and her grandfathers pocket watch etc etc... A purchase a 404.67$ was made at a local walmart with her Visa card within a half an hour of the theft. I'd hate to think they're a member of this forum, or even an Angler at all, but to the douchebags that ruined our day, good on yeh. Karma makes it's way around.

I doubt it's a member on here. I wish they would catch this Bestard!!! They got me in 2004, made off with a ton of doo-doo. Did you go to Walmart and get them to look at the camera's, hopefully with all the money walmart makes that they have good quality cameras. Lets see if we can get this little bestard!! And PM me if you find out who it is, thanks!!

Thanks for the walmart tip, actually went there already and they're looking into it for us. the officer who took the report also said he'd be in touch with walmart. The purse was hidden behind the seat under a jacket. Happened between 130 pm and 2. The thief didn't bother with our GPS in the glove box, or loose cash that was in the console.

sorry to here what happen man. the idoits were probably watching you from a distance. like sitting in the bushes and saw you but something in the backseat

and walking away with your women thats not carrying her purse. you never know whos watching

Were the valuables in sight for the thief / thieves or hidden? They usually don't break in on a whim.

Unfourtunatly they broke in my truck 2 years ago there.My truck is kept EMPTY like when you buy it!They caused damage and took nothing.I advise keeping your vehicle unlocked & empty at that location.I have not had any issue since i started doing that.

It's about time we had one master credit card with a picture & signature of the owner on the card like we have for a drivers licence . The store cashier must make sure the person using the card is the rightful owner or be responsible for the loss . I hope you nail the theives but there is so much of this happening the cops could care less since the courts will only slap the hand lightly & let them off to steal again . I wouldn't leave my doors open ....that's an invite to take the whole dam car or wreck the interior etc.

This has been going on there for years. Like to see this low life dirt bag caught as the Parks Police have a long incidence history on this lot. If you can help it, don't park there! Too bad when all you want to do is enjoy the outdoors and somebody wants to do some shopping on your visa card.

It's the pocket watch that means the most. her grandfather just passed away two weeks ago and she was given the pocket watch as keep sake....

Not a bad idea Kevin, but i'd rather be fishing for trout than thieves. Unfortunately i won't be frequenting that parking lot much anymore. The real kicker is a good friend of mine was parked in the lower lot fishing from shore. I really hope the bastards get what the deserve, i used a half tank of gas driving from queenston to walmart multiple routes hoping to find the purse ditched not far off the road.

Guest Ultyma316

That sucks man :D

I always worry about my car when I leave it at the places I do.

Although all my gear is with me when I leave it, so... *shrug*

sorry to hear that, like you said karma is a biotch, we were fishing a small feeder creek that people were smashing beer bottles and leaving spent condoms on the ground, we came out to see 2 seniors letting air out of our tires and when we confronted them they thought we were the ones drinking up a storm. needless to say lucky we are not vindictive people or the situation could have got out of control real fast, i mean i understand the situation but dont let the air out of my tires to strand me in the middle of nowhere. call the dam mnr or conservation or call the opp.

Yup I got it to about 4 years ago. Buddy and I went up the trail and fished off the banks

for about an hour or so and on the way back to the car I see my back quarter window in my 2 door

car smashed.Red 2 door car tinted windows, probably figured there was a good stereo,Surprise factory!

I was going to tint the windows in my truck but figure with them clear thievs can see there is nothing in it.

Still an expensive fix for over $200 used compared to $400 new!!! Thats why I always park below,never

had a ticket yet and $15 for a parking ticket is alot cheaper.

I hope they catch these pricks soon man. Sorry to hear about the watch ,I personally know how much

something like that can mean to a person.

Dave

That sucks but we always keep our car fairly empty money wise just in case. For example last month somebody picked the lock to our car and broke in but only got away with $6.05 and a small led flashlight.

A farmer that we knew back In Zimbabwe had is wife's car broken into and her purse stolen. When he reported it to the cops they told him that there was a group of thieves working the area and that they hade broken in to a load of cars. He went back to the farm caught a nice big puff adder put it into one of his wife's bags and then left it on the seat in the same area that he had his car broken into. It took less than an hour for some one to grab it. He ran down the street feeling in the bag for a purse only to find that the snake skin purse still had the snake in it. A couple of quick bites to the hand before he could get his hand out kinda ruined his day. By then the farmer had caught up to him. A quick citizens with a knee in the back an a couple of boots to the body as added persuaders convinced him to stay down. The cops took a little longer than ususal to respond and were held up getting him to the hospital. resulted in a doo-doo load of pain (- minus a couple of fingers) and a lesson well learned. They spread the word that more people would leave snakes in thier cars which cut down on the break ins for awhile.

Unfortunately the country is so screwed up now they would probably break into your car to steal the snake.

I don't say vigilantism is good but it sure does work sometimes.

DDF

Unfortunately the country is so screwed up now they would probably break into your car to steal the snake.

DDF

:lol:

my brother and sister-in-law lived in the 'before picture' zimbabwe for years so that is why that comment struck me as so funny, in a sad sort of way - it used to be a jewel as african nations go...

Archived