Pt.Abino

RJR

Had a slow but good start to the soft water season. After breaking through the ice at Sugar Loaf harbour ramp I headed for Pt. Abino in 65 fow I fished from 7:30 till 11:00 without a sniff, then for some unknown reason the perch turned on. It started to look like a good day after all (for about 30 minutes) then they turned off just as fast. Oh well thats fishing. Managed to bring home 10 keepers, enough for a meal. See you out there.

Guest TC1OZ
Had a slow but good start to the soft water season. After breaking through the ice at Sugar Loaf harbour ramp I headed for Pt. Abino in 65 fow I fished from 7:30 till 11:00 without a sniff, then for some unknown reason the perch turned on. It started to look like a good day after all (for about 30 minutes) then they turned off just as fast. Oh well thats fishing. Managed to bring home 10 keepers, enough for a meal. See you out there.

Is it safe to go out still? I'm so nervous about going out on my own.

Is it safe to go out still? I'm so nervous about going out on my own.
I think you are thinking about ice fishing but that is over.The boat season is safe unless there is strong winds in the forcast or your boat has a hole in it!lol

Guest TC1OZ
I think you are thinking about ice fishing but that is over.The boat season is safe unless there is strong winds in the forcast or your boat has a hole in it!lol

Yes, I was very confused! I'm like it can't possibly be safe to go out anymore...

Rick , I did some float fishing today at Martindale ....grabbed some minnows from Peters Tackle , set the float at 9.5' & picked up a few perch in the first hour , very slow until about 1 pm ,and they turned on for the next hour or so and died right off about 2:30 . I missed a few hits but ended up with a dozen . ....tossed them all back , still have 2 feeds left in the freezer . Now , this HUGE one had marks on both sides which removed scales . I don't know if a pike hit it or something else caused it . What could possibly hit a perch this big ????

pd%20perch.jpg

This perch was 8" :dunno:

Swamp donkey and myself went out, through the ice off point abino perching as well around noon. skunkeroo. All the boats we talked to had the same luck. accept one guy who said he got 10. I think it was you RJR

Archived