Favorite crappie bait

Gil

Hi all,

So with the water warmin up , the crappies are startin to hit ! What are your favorite baits,jigs or plastics for these tasty critters?

I don't use minnows much , and my go to is a RATSO in Chartruse! A Killer!! What's yours?

Have a crappie day!!!

Gil

Hey Gil , I have caught most of my crappies on lively little minnows both soft & hard water fishing . When using a small , tube or twister I think the secret is to make the bait dance to mimic a wounded minnow . I have a few ratsos and I'd like to give some of those putrid smelling maggots a try , I think they would work great .

tiny minnows under a slip float work for me or minnow and jigs work too, soft plastics when I have smaller ones as well, I picked up some small Fin S her minnows the other day gonna give em a try

I like to use like..24-26 inch OOS muskies in the spring to catch em..you just tie the musky to your line with a heavy elastic wrapped around it's tail..let 'er swim around for a bit looking for a nice snack...then reel it in really quick before it can chew on it too much..turn it upside down and smack it on the @$$ until it spits your crappie out on the ground...and viola!!!!!

maybe see ya around my neck soon Gil

:blahblah1:

I like to use like..24-26 inch OOS muskies in the spring to catch em..you just tie the musky to your line with a heavy elastic wrapped around it's tail..let 'er swim around for a bit looking for a nice snack...then reel it in really quick before it can chew on it too much..turn it upside down and smack it on the @$$ until it spits your crappie out on the ground...and viola!!!!!

Funny, But I could almost see you doin that LOL :worthy::worthy::D

I'll proly see you at the rec more now that your in MY town!

Gil

Good to see you back jack!

I mostly use the red/yellow micro tubes with a slip float and they're great. I picked up some other lures to try but haven't yet. Those Mr. Crappie Slab Daddies look like they'd be great.

Archived