redworms

ogliq2

Anyone know where I can get some small red worms? I think they call them red wigglers ????

Thanks

I doubt the bait & tackle shops would have them , but I have picked some reg.small dew worms from the grass over a week ago ....too cold lately... I get my red wigglers under rotted leaf piles that get a lot of sun exposer , or under boards , logs or cardboard etc .that is in a wet area.Happy hunting ...... :P

yea i usually did through my grandfathers compost pile for those ! usually full of em

Same here, always in there even in the dead of winter they would

be in a ball in the middle where the compost did not freeze.

Drifter,

I assume you heard they were good for trout? lol

My gramps use to tell me that, never caught a trout on one

but lots of other pannies.Strong scent to them.

Dave

When I was a teen a few years ago , we used to take our rods and a few snelled hooks & homemade sinkers in our pocket & walk through the cow pastures , flipping over the older cow patties . We would get ourselves a whole $hit load of red worms ,aka manure worms , and yes we caught trout on them ! :D

Anybody know a cow pasture or composter I can hit up for some ???

dont know your area but find a spot that locals dump their leaves (ravines, dead end roads in the country).. I am sure there is a spot or 2 that gets used as a public compost pile

yup, in England, we used to do the same as kids....................put some gloves on and start turning over the older cow patties. lots of redworms in there. those dirty little @#$%^ love the cow meat. hahahahahahaha.

If you have any horse or cow farms around, they're a great place to get the tiny little red worms in the manure piles. We've probably got a million of them throughout our pile, you've just got to be willing to get a little dirty.

If you have any horse or cow farms around, they're a great place to get the tiny little red worms in the manure piles. We've probably got a million of them throughout our pile, you've just got to be willing to get a little dirty.

I have been breeding my own Red Worms for a number of years.

It is very easy to do.

Drop me a line if you are interested.

Archived