Whirlpool cleanup

spottedGARRR

I'm headed down to the pool today with a box of trash bags, since the water will be back up all the shore trash will be coming down the river today and this is the time of year when the river looks its trashiest. Anyone interested in helping feel free to ask me for a garbage bag =] i should be there by 930 ish

Scott

Guest Shayno

Thanks Scott, for doing this!! Something you do every year? I remember last year or the year before, seeing a bunch of school kids come down with garbage bags and clean up the pool. I said "thanks" to every one of them!!

Good Job!

Cheers!!

Shayno

Guest TC1OZ

Whenever I'm down there I usually leave with more than I came with... I mean how hard is it to carry your water bottle...especially if its empty.

More often that every year, usually every time i go down with the dogs during the warmer months i take a garbage bag along. I was surprised to have only filled one bag, most of which came from the trail on the way down. Last year i was there around the 4th or 5th of April and brought three bags to the top. Makes me wonder how much drifted in and how much was left on shore.

pooltrash.jpg

Good on ya SG ! A lot of shore garbage is blown in by the wind . At least it is visable garbage that can be cleaned up . I just talked with a CO about this and I said I would like to see the use of styrofoam worm boxes which litter many fishing spots , and the plastic bottles should be banned or a big deposit put on them , I'm sure the people who collect cans & beer bottles wouldn't mind a little extra money in their pockets . This CO is also very concerned with all the butts that are tossed everywhere ,adding toxins to our waters . Maybe they should eliminate the filters from these things ..........good idea yah ? B)

Good job guys, ya everytime I head down to the pool I bring up more than I bring down, trying to keep the place nice and clean. People like us help maintain a better fishing atmosphere down there. Keep it up!!

It's nice to see some of you younger guys cleaning up after the slobs ! :angry2: We old codgers have sore backs from hawlin trash ! The broken glass is a problem to pick up so forget the small pieces . Fishing line IS a big problem , keep a small knife handy to cut line up if necessary . Thanks guys . :unsure:

Archived