Get Paid to Fish or Hike

drsmooth

I found this great program that pays you to fish or hike.

I was paid $35.30 for a 3 hour hike today. Not bad considering it was something I was going to do anyway.

Generally the more ground you cover the more you will be paid.

I will provide a link below regarding this program. Believe me everyone benefits....

Get paid to hike or fish

Went down to the gorge today and collected 353 beer cans today. I left behind the bottles. I brought a large frame back pack and some plastic bags to hook to the backpack. I was shocked at the amount of beer cans down there. I crushed each can. brought them home, counted them and organised them into bags of 50 plus 3 loose ones from home. It was a little heavy on the way up but I needed the exercise.

The economy is down if anyone needs some extra $ have a trip down there and help clean it up. I only scratched the surface.

and you spent your money at the beer store?

Actually, yes! Yes I did. Difference is, my cans won't be littered in the gorge.

you found that many empties in 3 hours

I found a lot more that I had to leave behind. Bottles are too heavy. I ran out of space for the cans and had to hike out. What can I say people are slobs.

Next time you are down there have a look around there are places usually cracks between rocks where you can find 20 or more at a time.

I have to add I'm not putting all the blame on people fishing down there. There are lots of people who hike/party down there. a majority of the cans were found away from the water in some known party spots.

Wow thats alot of emptys... sounds like a good party lol... also sounds like you have alot of free time!! Good job on the clean up though.. Pisses me right off to see so much garbage around the fishing spots... IF YOU CAN BRING IT YOU CAN TAKE IT..!!!!

Wow thats alot of emptys... sounds like a good party lol... also sounds like you have alot of free time!! Good job on the clean up though.. Pisses me right off to see so much garbage around the fishing spots... IF YOU CAN BRING IT YOU CAN TAKE IT..!!!!

The accessible areas of the gorge are huge.

Most cans were found off trail. There are thousands of people who go into the Glen and Whirlpool every year. How many people bring out everything that they bring in? Just look at the garbage down there. How many bring down alcohol and don't bring the containers back up?? Apparently a lot of people.

As I said I just scratched the surface of what is down there.

How many people pick up the empty alcohol containers down there left by others? By the look of things, very few.

Just think of what has been left down there over the last 20 years alone. If only one alcohol container is left down there each day for 20 years that equals 7300 alcohol containers. I think we all know that on average more than one is left each day. If 5 are left per day there are 36500 in the gorge.

There have to be thousands in the off the beaten path sections of the gorge. That is where I found a majority of them.

Just look for evidence of a fire pit and look around for a few seconds. You will likely find some bottles or cans..

Well done. Glad to see others making the effort.

For all you who are having a hard time believing this consider this.

Over the past 10 years I've been gathering up pop cans, beercans, etc..., on my daily walks. There are appx. 30 aluminum cans per lb. In a year I have averaged 1000lbs. That is 30,000 cans x 10 years. As I now live in an apartment, I will no longer be able to gather and recycle all of that mess.

I probably pick up some $500 in beer empties every year to help cover the gas for my fishing adventures.

It really is that bad out there. Just open your eyes.

Perhaps it's time to petition for a higher deposit/return for a bottle over a can as bottles are more likely to be collected too if it becomes valuable enough. Slobs will still throw them because they obviously don't see value (in the can or the environment) but the responsible customer will still get his money back anyway so jack it up.

my parents keep all there empties in the basement and every couple of months we will fill up the mini van full and bring it down too the beer store and they usually give me the money cause I bring them all into the car and unload them and what not its a good little bit of cash might try today too see what I find

Guest TC1OZ

Solid effort.

If everyone would just pickup after themselves it wouldn't be necessary.

And as for the people who don't believe there are tons of beer cans down the gorge.... back in high school in the warmer months we would have huge parties down there. 30+ kids each carrying a 24 of cans... And these are just the people from my school that I knew... I'm sure there were TONS of other parities with people I don't know. I'm not proud of it now but back in the day I just didn't give a...

The reason kids will hike down the gorge is because they know the cops are too lazy to walk down there to just bust kids for drinking.... Plus if the cops DO show up, its so easy for everyone to take off in every direction but I'm sure that's obvious.

Guest TC1OZ
What did you do for music at your gorge parties?

Sounds like a lot of fun. Were there ever any close calls with the water? Ever find a dead body?

They were really fun man. We'd just have a fire and get hammered. We never partied remotely close to the water (my group of friends) but I guess we are smarter than some folks. Booze and water don't mix (unless its whiskey). As for music... no one really listens to music at parties, you just have it on so being drunk isn't the only reason you're yelling!

There are appx. 30 aluminum cans per lb. In a year I have averaged 1000lbs.

For aluminium cans 1000lbs at 20¢ per pound you can make $200.

Not as much as beer cans but still worth it. if you save up for a while and bring it in all at once.

For aluminium cans 1000lbs at 20¢ per pound you can make $200.

Not as much as beer cans but still worth it. if you save up for a while and bring it in all at once.

Before the crash of the steel industry, the price was $.55 to the lb. It paid for scouting adventures, fishing trips, tackle share. They do take up space. A minivan crammed full holds 200lbs. A commercial 12ft van holds 350-400lbs. Unfortunately you need space to store the cans until you put together a load, and most yards are only paying $,15 a lb. My final run was in February.

Before the crash of the steel industry, the price was $.55 to the lb. It paid for scouting adventures, fishing trips, tackle share. They do take up space. A minivan crammed full holds 200lbs. A commercial 12ft van holds 350-400lbs. Unfortunately you need space to store the cans until you put together a load, and most yards are only paying $,15 a lb. My final run was in February.

Something I didn't realise when I made this post is there is no longer a ¢ sign on my keyboard. I had to copy and paste it from another website. Yet the ^ symbol. Whatever the hell the symbol ^ is, exists over the number 6....

Archived