Kids Derbies?

FishyWishy

As spring is here and I have a couple younguns, when and where are the kids derbies in the area? Just trying to plan my spring and summer, and I have seemed to always miss the kids derbies since I have heard of them.

Thanks,

FW

Best kid's derby I know is the one put on by the St. Catharines Game & Fish Asssociation. This year it is on May 1st. You will just love it. Try the following link......http://scgameandfish.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=millertime&action=display&thread=301&page=1

Hope the kids enjoy, Rob!

Are there any other derby's for kids? Is the cat fish derby still going on?

I work on the 1st at 5 AM so there's no way I can take my kid ;)

the Thorold anglers have a local kids fishin derby every year in the pond on HYw 58 headin towards Welland. its usually held in july and atracts

about 160 kids annually. Lots of good prizes for a number of species. All proceeds go to Tender Wishes. i go every year with my kids and have a great time!

lots of fish caught and measured and released! its usually held on a saturday.

Sat July 10th.

Outdoor Adventuremen for Christ

Family fishing event and BBQ

Canal BAnk rd, Dain City

$5.00 donation per family suggested.

Free bait, Gear supplied for those needing it.

More info contact:

info@outdooradventuremen.com

Take your kids fishing,get them hooked on fishing not drugs....Mothers day weekend at Windmill point park

Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs - May 8, 9, 2010 << Back

Event Details: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs is a free trout fishing event for kids and the young at heart held on Mother's Day weekend.

No entry fee or fishing license is required but registration will take place upon arrival. All names are then entered into a draw to be elegible to win a prize... even if they don't hook any fish. Kids can bring their moms with the first 50 mothers receiving a special gift.

Food and refreshments, prizes in many categories, fishing equipment supplied (limited), hayrides, games, aquarium, grand prize draws on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm.

Address: 2409 Dominion Road at Stonemill

City: Ridgeway

Date: May 8, 9, 2010

Time: 9am - 4pm both days

Admission: FREE

More Info: 905.894.2809 or 905.714.0723

Contact Name: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs Contact

Web Site: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs Web Site

theres family fishing week coming up in July and there usually a few derbies hanging around then im taking my dad too that bass one in july

Guest TC1OZ
Take your kids fishing,get them hooked on fishing not drugs....Mothers day weekend at Windmill point park

Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs - May 8, 9, 2010 << Back

Event Details: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs is a free trout fishing event for kids and the young at heart held on Mother's Day weekend.

No entry fee or fishing license is required but registration will take place upon arrival. All names are then entered into a draw to be elegible to win a prize... even if they don't hook any fish. Kids can bring their moms with the first 50 mothers receiving a special gift.

Food and refreshments, prizes in many categories, fishing equipment supplied (limited), hayrides, games, aquarium, grand prize draws on Saturday and Sunday at 3pm.

Address: 2409 Dominion Road at Stonemill

City: Ridgeway

Date: May 8, 9, 2010

Time: 9am - 4pm both days

Admission: FREE

More Info: 905.894.2809 or 905.714.0723

Contact Name: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs Contact

Web Site: Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs Web Site

I love this place, my friends have a trailer here and its just down the road from my house. This place is great for the catch and release people who want 100% chance of getting a little pannie for their kid! I can't wait till they open up, we'll be down there at least 3-4 times a week hahaha.

Archived