April 15/10

packrat

" Discovered " a real sweet looking stretch of water in the backyard----actually looked if over a few times and the more I looked the better it got til I just HAD to run some dewies through it.

So tonight was the maiden voyage so to speak and me and a dozen of the choicest dewies I could find gave it a go.

Well it didnt take long until the first "trout" :Gonefishing: came aboard---nice one around 3# at a guesstimate. Two more that looked like twins to number 1 followed in short order.

Few more came at a steady rate for a good hour then the bite died off----some of the smaller "trout" actually gave a good account for themselves.

Nice part about the whole outing had the place allllllllllll to myself except for a couple of canoeists that came thru----better part of the excercise have added yet another spot on my go to list to work over during the coming months when some of the toothy critters come into season.

It sounds like you had a blast dangling your choice dewies in the back yard Gord . Since today is "Fryday " , I hope you have a great fish'nchips dinner . :Gonefishing:

Archived