April 24/10

packrat

Stayed local with the big guy this morning.

He was schooling me like a noob cuz I was having "techincal difficulties" with the reel I just respooled. Got a $%$#@ backlash that just wasnt going to clear itself so wound up cutting the whole $%$# mess off the reel. Never did really like that reel anyway cuz I've had issues with it before. :ninja:

Saved the morning by finding a tackle shop open early and respooled hoping I could fish the outing without any more problems. ( I did) :P

Lesson learned ( the hard way) carry a backup reel/spool of replacement line when you get out cuz you never know ???????

Fished the first location until 9ish, stopped for a Timmies, decided to hit XXXXX on the way home.

We did just that and added a couple more to the catch-----one of which was a PB for me EVER from this spot. Nice bow about 2 lbs :)

So the "hat trick" ended up of a few nice pansized BROWNS----one RAINBOW------and one SPECK :D

Oh yeah cant forget the "other" species----the horned ? dace who definitely looked "horny" in their spawning colours and to add salt to the already mentioned probs I had earlier-------one of my favourites------a polish trout :Gonefishing:

Congrats on the hat trick Gord ! Nice to have a variety of trout like that so close to home . I know what you mean with that @%&$! line . ......had the same prob.with some %@^* braid .....it can be a real B!#%& to untangle , usually end up knifing it off !! :):) !! . Good idea to keep an extra spool in your bag !

>~~~~> :)

Guest Shayno

Great Job Gord!!!! :D The dreaded "Polish Trout" eh....I have heard rumors that they grow to 10 feet long!!! :worthy: LOL Very nice outing I bet!!! You with Ollie?

Also Coachman.........I hate those birds!!!!!! I have watched them eat 2lb browns all day long at Port D................

Shayno

Great Job Gord!!!! :worthy: The dreaded "Polish Trout" eh....I have heard rumors that they grow to 10 feet long!!! :dunno: LOL Very nice outing I bet!!! You with Ollie? Also Coachman.........I hate those birds!!!!!! I have watched them eat 2lb browns all day long at Port D................

Shayno

Hi Shayne----yeah was with Ollie :D , he really cleaned my clock earlier with the browns he got, he also missed a good sized one within the first few minutes on the stream. I had the last laugh? tho when I hooked into that bow, even he was impressed. Never dreamed this itty bitty stream would have something like that lurking in it :)

Also Coachman.........I hate those birds!!!!!! I have watched them eat 2lb browns all day long at Port D................

Shayno

Believe me, I can't stand them either. This one was coming up with a fish every few minutes while all I was catching was a tan.

Archived