back at the trout again today

tmate

Now that exams are done i have all the time in the world to fish so headed out with seasucker this morning to try for some local trout..

slow morning with only one fish landed...seems as if the fish have been spooked/caught from most of the larger pools so i decided to take a big hike upstream and found a few spots that i guarantee havent been fished yet this year....my luck changed and ended up catching 5 fish...a couple were real beauties....one was pushing 2.5ish lbs...unreal scrap on these guys

came across a biig dead beaver out there too...this thing had to have been like 40-50lbs...absolutely huge

trouty1.jpg

trouty2.jpg

trouty3.jpg

trouty4.jpg

all fish were released to be caught again next year :P

Nice looking browns , I like the markings on them . If that is the same stream I fished years ago , we used to get bows in there , & this time of the year we could see smelts gathered in some of the back washes . The mnr would prob. be interested to know more about that beaver and why it died , any obvious wounds on the body ?

as far as i could see it looked like it was a natural death...no visible wounds on the beast

who knows though....

nice browns there I wanna hit up some local creeks soon enjoyed catching a lone bow today tasted good pics will follow and I think the big brown beaver belonged to Winonna

haha thanks guys,

the truth is...the pictures were only taken from these angles because i was alone and didnt want to put the fish down on the leaves or rocks

seemed like one of the only possible ways to take pictures and they turns out very well..

have a few other really nice shots but the reason they are so nice is because of the surroundings..some people might get mad if they were posted

That would be the second beaver found dead, last night we found one dead too in York on the Grand River. They were making a nice come back in this area.

i think thats fionna with the big brown beaver joey

That's Winnona :lol:

TF sorry about your beaver. I wonder if they've been hit with some disease. Would be nice to get a report out to the OMNR if more are found but perhaps this is normal this time of year. I know very little about beavers. :D

Hey those pictures are great. The inlands are beautiful but they live in fragile systems so we have to be careful when reporting our finds. Looks like your went back after learning a little lesson so it'll be a little tougher for the next guy :P

Guest Shayno

Nice job thorold!!!!! Very nice pics buddy!!!

That first brown was mesmorizing!!!! Spell check please!! Also....I have heard stories of Winnona's "Big Brown Beaver" lol

Shaynebow

nice browns there I wanna hit up some local creeks soon enjoyed catching a lone bow today tasted good pics will follow and I think the big brown beaver belonged to Winonna

Winonas big brown beaver,LOL.Lots of old memories,LOL.Grimsby too.

Archived