Fishing today with Laketrout

Stevek

Well despite the high wind forecast for today I got a call from Brian this morning telling me he was going to take a drive and see what the water looked like himself. Called me back and reported it was just a ripple so I was on my way to meet him (sort of :Gonefishing:). I showed up a bit late and there he was waiting for the slow poke. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. Calm, warm, and great company. Although we fished hard we only got one Laker that Brian caught as the bite is still a bit slow. Even though he tried to hand me the rod, I wouldn't take it as he let me land all the fish the last time.

Here's Brian with his Laker.

Apr.jpg

I had some action shots but screwed something up trying to upload them, sorry LT.

Thanks again for another great day on the water. Its a nice break to go out on the lake without having to dig my boat out of the garage. I said it last time and I'll say it again, if this guys offering and you want to get out on the lake and enjoy some good company, take him up on it, you'll have a blast.

Nice looking laker you have there Brian.....I like that shirt too ....kind of matches the fish :D I was lookin for ya down Port Dal yesterday while casting behind the ferry boat. I only had one hit on a power bait twister and even tried live minnows .....it was a little slow, but the boaters caught a few small browns . I see the guys on the east wall grabbed a few too , prob.using flies . The turkey vultures were all over the place,some flying very low . Water was just the right colour .....about 5-6 ft vis. , but the current was screwy again, going south which is opposite the normal flow. Well today......looks like I can use up the gas in the SNOWBLOWER !!!! :Gonefishing::angry::huh::angry:

Archived