May 31/10

packrat

Despite the nasty weather they were calling for did a short tour of the "backyard" this evening.

Shed a lot of unnecessary stuff and only took the bare essentials. Couple packs of split shot, pack of hooks, clippers and pliers, couple doz dewies and of course my old faithful 9' r :clapping:

Started off really slow----couldnt get a sniff from even "my friends" :P

Now I've been eyeballing this one spot for a long time and I figgered tonights the night and it paid off. First cast/drift through it and I get that familiar tap tap----think to myself "my friends" again. Imagine my surprise but what comes out is a nice little walter about 12"???

Look around and here is another guy working the other side of the spot, so I wander over to chat and have a smoke. Feeling pleased with myself I pack up and the guy takes over from where I was.

Danged if HE didnt knock another one off, just a tad bigger then mine. Just shows it pays to do some legwork to find some little holes here and there in the "backyard"

Btw I'm about a month early for wading the river. No shock to the system cuz it was quite comfortable in sneakers and jeans.

Archived