More carp on the fly rod

Lund-SS

went down to kill a couple of hours today before my afternoon shift , managed to land 3 carp and missed one more , gotta be quick on that hook set or they spit it , water was super clear but the breeze made it hard to see the fly under the chop on the water

Flyfishing014.jpg

Flyfishing015.jpg

Flyfishing017.jpg

heres a couple pictures of a boat that was cruising around the lower river a week back and my dog chasing it haha

Flyfishing010.jpg

Flyfishing008.jpg

Flyfishing009.jpg

Great pictures and congradulations on your fine catches. Have you heard of this.

Coal Tar Classic

The Coal Tar Classic held in Hamilton Harbor is Canada's biggest, best and only fly fishing tournament for Carp in Canada.

Real decent looking carp there Jeff .....had to be a blast to catch them on the fly rod !! I believe I saw that ship about a week ago while fishing the lake side . I saw an Olympus camera in a flyer with a 24X digital zoom , that would be handy to get long distance shots of that ship !! pm sent......

• 4 weeks later...
went down to kill a couple of hours today before my afternoon shift , managed to land 3 carp and missed one more , gotta be quick on that hook set or they spit it , water was super clear but the breeze made it hard to see the fly under the chop on the water

Flyfishing014.jpg

Flyfishing015.jpg

Flyfishing017.jpg

Excellent fish.

Can you tell me what type of fly you caught these on?

Fly fishing for carp is one of the things I plan to do this year, I have the rod 8wt and the reel, but where to start with the fly is my problem. I have heard about bread flies, corn flies and pellet flies, but I would like a more natural approach.

Thanks

so jealous.

I wish i had the money for a fly rod, i couldnt even imagine the excitement of a big carp on a fly. They are fun enough on carp gear, but a fly rod would be so much fun.

Nice fish man!

Archived