Senkerik

Some pics from Beaverdams

67662889.png

87167743.jpg

96028734.jpg

90767136.jpg

56597138.png

27774306.png

Lots more pics if anyone wants to see new pike pics coming soon.

good spot for kids

theres a kids derby next sat run by the Thorold Anglers on that pond...... gonna be a good time lots of prizes

Was there yesterday I believe with Mr&Mrs Darkedge in the kayaks (Niagara Falls Rd?) and saw some nice bucket mouth or pike action going on in the corner. Saturday is bass opener so it would be a good time to try some topwater lures in there :Gonefishing:

I was amazed to have one nail my spoon yesterday, chilli. It's an old fashioned, fixed hook, weedless (needs to be in that corner), and the fish just pounded it. I was sure I'd smacked a rock on the bottom at first, until it started to pull.

theres a kids derby next sat run by the Thorold Anglers on that pond...... gonna be a good time lots of prizes

Thanks maybe I can bring my little guy, Whats the age limits?

• 10 months later...
Guest CanadianBass

I've been fishing near collier road in Thorold the locals call it Beaverdams and i've caught 33 largies in just 5 days...but where you guys were Thorold South ive only ever caught black crappie, brown bullhead, carp and panfish...and the occasional largie....i will post the pic of my 5.5 pounder later

hey bud theres no kids derby next weekend run by the thorold anglers.....its not till the june if we are even havin it......im a member!

Ticks are showing up in many new places this year , maybe something to do with the wet weather . I've never had one on me , but some of the places I'll be fishing when I take my 2 wheel green machine , I will prob. get some ....I will be checking for them now......:unsure:

hey bud theres no kids derby next weekend run by the thorold anglers.....its not till the june if we are even havin it......im a member!

LOL your the one who said there was a derby .... This post is from Last year ....

I've been fishing near collier road in Thorold the locals call it Beaverdams and i've caught 33 largies in just 5 days...but where you guys were Thorold South ive only ever caught black crappie, brown bullhead, carp and panfish...and the occasional largie....i will post the pic of my 5.5 pounder later

greatttt.... over 1,000 people saw this location and amount of OSS bass caught there. Take a drive down this weekend and pick up the bass tackle litter. Can we not ban outright morons like this? Also, plz ban all OSS bass photographs, taken in Ontario or even on the American side of the lake. Photos like these just encourage people to fish OSS bass. I know the "open season" in NY and posts here related to it encourage Ontario anglers to target OSS bass. Stop the madness for pete's sake. And as for letting the kid off cause he is excited and wants to catch a big one.... come on, we were all there and didn't behave like that. Kids these days know the score. It's no longer local yocal with cane pole and bobber days. This morons know what they are doing is wrong.

I'm probably older than you Jiggs (68) , & when I was a teen fisherman in the 50's we didn't need a license & there were very few rules . One rule I remember was bass had to be over 10" . Now ,I see people taking 6" bass home for dinner .We now have many new regs to follow , but many anglers do not know them & do not know what a bass looks like . And there are the few who don't go by the rules & will find ways of taking any number of fish they desire . Until we have written tests , paid for by the anglers , we can forget about seeing any changes . Anglers who toss garbage everywhere are hopeless pigs & hitting them with very large fines would have some impact on them .......losing all that beer money might deter them slightly .

written test, license to buy fishing gear/bait could help too i guess? I wouldnt mind flashing my license at Petes or CT to prove that I could legally fish...just like driving a boat, car, buying beer, smokes etc. Chances are that the people who are littering are the ones fishing OOS and without a license...just ignorant to the environment

CanadianBass,

Please start observing the closed season on bass and do not target them.

Thank You.

Thank you, someone else who follows the regs... i was in port colborne for pike on monday, and the shore was lined with bass pro fanatics targeting the bass, game warden should be keeping a closer eye on them poachers

Archived