Perchin Port Bruce June 29/10

packrat

Back at it Tuesday morning EARLY---like 5ish in the morning.

Had to do all the dirty work by myself cuz my two buds had to bow out on the invite.

Day started out with a calm lake, cool temps and not a whole lot of people on the pier. By 6ish had four in the WBOD. Not long after wind picked up out of the west and boy did it blow. Fortunatly was fishing with my back to it so could really get some distance to get into the area where the perch were hanging out. Was tough to see any kind of twitch to the rod tip and at times the only way you could tell of any action was if your line suddenly went slack.

So in spite of tough conditions managed 18 good size jumbos----not many throwbacks today. Everyone on the pier seemed to be doing well when I left at 11:00.

Now for the multiple choice question of the day------

You've arrived at your destination, picked up 4 doz minnows from the local bait shop, get back in to your car and find out your brakes have gone on vacation.

You carry on fishing as if you're in your right mind

You carry on fishing hoping the brakes will repair themselves

You carry on fishing and think how you're going to make the 1 1/2 drive home

You carry on fishing and put it completely out of your mind (actually not too hard to do seeing as you have to be out of your mind for being here at this ungawdly hour of the morning anyway)

Last choice ruin the whole day and return home.

In my younger years there were a couple times when my brakes quit work, and I had to use the old one foot on the emerg pedal, and one hand on the brake release ... lol I don't see any reason for letting something like a little brake problem ruin a fishing trip ... after all, the brake problem will still be there after the fish stop bitin...

Archived