Beaverdams/Collier Rd.

bucketmouthjohnny

went to first and middle pond today around 3 pm. where are all the fish? i walked the causeway. fishin for bass, never seen more than two sunfish, a small carp, and i believe one largie, only caught a glimpse of tail under lily pads as it had surfaced and went back down. i also walked along the main rd and saw zilch :dunno: is this place going downhill , I always use to see fish, even freakin minnows :blink::wacko:

Well, needless to say, I was SKUNKED :bb2::o:unsure: what a lousy place it has become, thgere was so much promise there and now its a sess pool :lol:

Last few times I've fished over there, I got skunked. The very last time, I lucked out with some pannies with worms off the bottom. Luvevolution and I started carp fishing. Saw a few in the 6-8 pound SWAG range. But none wanted the bait (corn, worms, and boilies). I saw one bass caught that day, on a white spinner.

For those of you who don't know, SWAG is a Scientific Wild A$$ Guess.

everything's been slow the past few days. even our super hot spot on the lower Niagara has dropped off. I was talking to a an older gentleman when Dark Edge and I were fishing at Marlatts and he said he's fished there every day for 14 years. he said he's noticed a significant drop in fish populations and the sizes he catches. especially over the past 4 or 5 years or so. he said he could catch 6 or 7 Pike in a day fishing the west side of Marlatts, now he's lucky if he catches one a month there.

for the past few days, I think the heat and pressure has been affecting the bite. I'm sure it'll pick up again when the heat drops a bit.

Rich

Might have a little to do with the warm weather, and a little to do with the fishing pressure on the 2 small ponds during weekends.

sirfishalot, I have been around, i just don't ring in unless i have something to share or a joke to crack :) or to poke some fun at some members that know me and that everytime i am typing it's with a smile :rolleyes:

I realize the heat/pressure, but i didn't even see a minnow :wall: there were also no birds :dunno: seagulls, cormorants,geese, can you freakin believe there were no geese :blink: i was just curious if this water has finally succumbed to the pollution? i didn't even see a carp roll other than one around 3-4 lbs.there were a whack of people fishing on the pipes between middle and 3rd pond (closest to decew rd)not sure if they were hookin up.

Are we still allowed to fish on the peninsula?

I hope next weekend is better, cause I am suckin wind so far this year :o we have a club t out of upper niagara, i need to rip some lips, i'm going :crazy::crazy:

All I've been able to pull out of the water there this year have been small rock bass. Before bass season opened there were a lot of babies swimming around near the pipes, and people were pulling them out of the water on worms. There were lots of ducks and geese around the first pond when I was there. I think the spot might be getting too popular, and the weather too good too early on in the season. Too many people out there with starter kits :) ignorant of the regs.

have you noticed the giant algae masses in the actual lake? i had my canoe out in early may and they were already enormous between beaverdams rd and allanburg, everyone of of those shallow flat bays were jus covered already, id imagine they are sickening thick by now.

well, we've had a warmer season so far, than we ever had last year. I noticed the weeds have grown faster in the water all over the place and algae growth is accelerated by the hot and humid weather. plus the UV has been really high lately and this grows algae like wild fire. I'm sure the fish are in there in as many numbers as they always were, but I'm sure they are in shock with the water warming up quicker than it did last year and now they've got lock jaw till they adjust to the warmer temps. I've noticed that this has happened before in hot years, so it makes sense to me for this year too. the next few weeks is gonna be brutal for heat and fishing.

Rich

Guest Herbs'n'Carp

Sometimes night time is better when its hot like that guys, i get monster cats there no problem all night long,

well I havent been fishing in a few weeks finally aloud out, might be the warm weather, might have to start looking in deeper water or heavy cover with cold front techs

Archived