July 19/2010

packrat

Not the white one-----wait for it. ;)

Went out the "backdoor" to the "backyard" for a little bassin this evening. Things started off on the slow side but I eventually found a few that wanted to play. No braggin rights here.

Moved around a bit while out with an eye on this one spot I wanted to fish. Walters are known to be around and I went in here once before this year "no problem". Well this spot is incredibly deceiving when viewed from above-----looks shallow? and has fast water going thru it. Piece of cake to wade I thought.

Well didnt take more then a few steps to find out what a blue eyed ------ch this place really is. Lots of pot holes to step into up to your knees and the current is a LOT stronger then imagined. Wasnt really worried TOO much about going for a swim but THAT wasnt on the agenda. By the time I'm about half way across the little guardian angel is just having a real hissy fit-----jumping up and down and screaming in my ear------GET THE --LL OUT OF HERE-------NOW.

So I backtracked my way out----stopped and had a smoke----took out the yellow paint and striped myself for trying a stunt like this.

Trouble is I'll prob look at this spot tomorrow and dream about going back for another try------maybe.

Archived