Introducing a young man to fishing

FishyWishy

Hmm havent heard back, suppose he doesnt want them ;)

Autumn.

Please don't assume that! I spent the last week up north (Foleyet) out of contact with the electronic world, on a much needed break with my girls and my Mother. I definitely would like to have that smaller box for the boy, it is perfect for him. I will contact you tonight after work via PM. I am still waiting to hear when will be a good time to take Aaron out for a few hours of fishing.

Thanks,

FW

Well I finally got the lad out on Saturday and he was stoked to receive the rod and reel and the tackle I recieved from forum members. Thanks to everyone that offered their used and unwanted equipment. He is setup well now.

We went to fireman's Park with some worms but didn't have any luck in the 1.5 hours we had to fish. There were many people there fishing mainly for Carp. Which is not something I am familiar with targetting (is that all that is in that pond these days?)

I need another place not too far from Downtown NF to take Aaron...any Ideas? Another time I might try Gibsons or down in Chippawa. Any other thoughts?

FW

There's a small pond right of highway 58 in Thorold, corner of Niagara Falls Rd. (other side of the road is Beaverdams Rd.) I've caught bass, pike, bluegill and sunfish out of it, and I know there some good sized carp in there. It's a CPR pond only (nasty water) but there's been very few times the bite has been completely off. It's also fairly shallow, so it cools down for the pike a lot sooner. The water in it is already cooler than anyplace else I've stuck my hand.

It's just about a kilometer south of Thorold Stone Road, the light right before the tunnel under the canal. if you do head over there one day, let me know, and I'll meet up with you. I found a prime worm spot for the pannies, and a few I pulled out were huge (one was the length of two pop cans!)

There's a small pond right of highway 58 in Thorold, corner of Niagara Falls Rd. (other side of the road is Beaverdams Rd.) I've caught bass, pike, bluegill and sunfish out of it, and I know there some good sized carp in there. It's a CPR pond only (nasty water) but there's been very few times the bite has been completely off. It's also fairly shallow, so it cools down for the pike a lot sooner. The water in it is already cooler than anyplace else I've stuck my hand.

It's just about a kilometer south of Thorold Stone Road, the light right before the tunnel under the canal. if you do head over there one day, let me know, and I'll meet up with you. I found a prime worm spot for the pannies, and a few I pulled out were huge (one was the length of two pop cans!)

I know that place... Drove past it every day twice a day for a couple of years. In fact I think there is sometimes a kids derby held there. Also Heading towards NF from there at the corner of Beaverdams and Thorold townline I have seen guys fishing there. I will try these spots with the kids soon.

FW

Aw man D_E your making me drool with stories about huge Pannies.....

I'll have to see if I've got the picture on my phone yet. Forgot my camera that day, which didn't bother me too much only catching pannies. But when I pulled that bluegill out, I was amazed by it, and had to record that one.

This one wasn't that big, to be sure. But it was a beast none the less. Let me get my phone, and see if I still have the picture.

EDIT: Here's the pic

41184_10150245932925321_784400320_14048524_483510_n.jpg

Archived