Decision made...its a LARGE mouth Bass ty!

lara4228

Hi Y'all.

Caught this awhile back and still do not know what kind of fish it is. I know that it is NOT a cat.

It was caught in Madawaska River (Palmer Rapids)

Anyone?

gallery_3557_190_12462.jpg

Hi Y'all.

Caught this awhile back and still do not know what kind of fish it is. I know that it is NOT a cat.

It was caught in Madawaska River (Palmer Rapids)

Anyone?

gallery_3557_190_12462.jpg

Lara , as i said when I removed the hook ...

It's a small mouth bass !

and yes honey .. I am sorry my goofy nephew tossed it back in the lake, ok .... MUAH !

If its a Smallmouth Bass, you musta photoshopped it so it had the colouration of a Largemouth Bass...And added those lilly pads to throw us off!

You don't just decide its one or the other based on mouth-size!

If its a Smallmouth Bass, you musta photoshopped it so it had the colouration of a Largemouth Bass...And added those lilly pads to throw us off!

Sorry DAX

just to clarify , I was wrong from the start and it has been ongoing lmao ... all i know is it was a bass ..

huh? I'm more confused than when I first posted?

no photo shop, taken from my blackberry.

so what is the final concenus....small mouth or large mouth?

It's a ____mouth bass. No question. You can tell by the greenish/dark browny colouring and the shape of its dorsal and tail fins.

in other news, you also cant decide whether its a pumpkin-seed or blue gill based on its colour either!

geez those fish naming experts...what a bunch of boneheads eh? :blush:

It's th'ds like this that make me wonder why I bother getting out of bed in the morning and ponder how some people manage to tie their shoes without assistance. Bonus points to the guy who said mouth size has no bearing whatsoever to differentiating a smallmouth from a largemouth (I'm guessing Dax just forgoes laces and wears Crocs).

Seriously, unless there's some seriously funky parallax going on with the lens & camera angle, the consensus is this is a largemouth? Really?

Larasmallmouth.jpg

Heaven help this poor woman if she starts fishing for salmon or trout, lol.

Quick, ID this fish, lol!

July28001.jpg

Archived