Decision made...its a LARGE mouth Bass ty!

lara4228

Guest Rockfish

The MNR link for the "Fish Identification chart" is in the "Fishing Regulations" pinned at the top of the forum to help out all new anglers. Maybe chilli can include it in the title and it was still a bad idea to omit the chart from the printed regs a couple yrs back.

Chris, I'm guessing that fish in the pic is a small Coho Salmon, with the forked tail but it's hard to see how many spots are on the tail (except for the scale flakes) or if it has grey gums. :P

I didn't read this thread until now but I can't believe it got this many replies. Ya the shadow is heavy but you b=can definitely see the lateral band.

I say largemouth but then again I have one myself. I'm glad you are inquiring though. just be careful about posting pictures of unidentified fish on a stringer. If it had been something you were not allowed to keep you would likely be getting a visit by a CO. The fishing regulation summary online has a nice fish ID chart to consult. If your new to fishing I'd recommend studying it or even purchasing a copy until you get your fins :P

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/gr...ment/198234.pdf

Ok everyone, lets get the facts straight.

1. I started this topic as an honest question.

2. The fish is NOT on a stringer, if you look hard enough, you'll see my lure

3. The picture was NOT photo edited or whatever it is people do to pictures

4. The picture was taken by ME while my partner was grabbing the line for me to bring it into the boat, as I was afraid at the time of handling a fish.

5. I did read the fishing regulations and specifics in zone 15 where we were fishing and FYI, bass season starting the weekend it was caught.

6. Small mouth bass have been known to adapt to many different areas of their environment, such as lily pad weed beds

7. The fish released, as I do not eat fish, so there was no need to worry about keeping an unknown 'species' of fish

8. Niave: having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous:, the defintion and sole purpose of why I started this topic.

9. At this point, I really don't give a dam what type fish this it was

For the third and last time, thank you everyone who genuinely repsonded to my question. Your input is appreciated.

Happy Fishing!

Ok everyone, lets get the facts straight.

1. I started this topic as an honest question.

2. The fish is NOT on a stringer, if you look hard enough, you'll see my lure

3. The picture was NOT photo edited or whatever it is people do to pictures

4. The picture was taken by ME while my partner was grabbing the line for me to bring it into the boat, as I was afraid at the time of handling a fish.

5. I did read the fishing regulations and specifics in zone 15 where we were fishing and FYI, bass season starting the weekend it was caught.

6. Small mouth bass have been known to adapt to many different areas of their environment, such as lily pad weed beds

7. The fish released, as I do not eat fish, so there was no need to worry about keeping an unknown 'species' of fish

8. Niave: having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous:, the defintion and sole purpose of why I started this topic.

For the third and last time, thank you everyone who genuinely repsonded to my question. Your input is appreciated.

Happy Fishing!

Lara welcome to the forums :dunno:

......and most of us are just toying with you..... newby -_-

Now if you can identify that fish CLofchik put up I'll be surprised and no it's not an atlantic.

Lara welcome to the forums :dunno:

......and most of us are just toying with you..... newby -_-

Now if you can identify that fish CLofchik put up I'll be surprised and no it's not an atlantic.

looks like an atlantic but my guess it could also be small chinook or actually a pink all I know its some sort of salmon

Oh no, it's gone so far beyond you now you don't get to take your ball and go home, it's become so much bigger than just you :dunno:

Bah haa haaaa, I keep that one as a kind of forum test. Oddly enough Atlantic is one of the more popular ones, even though it's obviously not an Atlantic Salmon. The mob at OFN threatened to call the MNR on me when they found out it ended up as breakfast. One of the things I've learned from these th'ds is that the consensus on a fishing board is usually wrong. -_-

Archived