Stolen rod and reel.

minnow killer

As i was out fishing with the family sunday after the rains blew away. We were out in the boat off of nickel beach. i had my line down with worms, as did my wife, who caught a nice perch. As i was taking it off the hook for her. someone grabbed my hook and took off like a scared rat with my rod and reel. it was like high speed. I heard a noise, turned around to see everything flying into the water. I dove down after it but i was too late, it was gone. without fins and a mask i couldnt get to bottom. if anyone see's my gear wash up on the beach, keep it. I should of bought rod holders.

wow, that sucks. but also kinda cool at the same time. LOL. sorry you lost your gear though. I've seen a few rods enter the drink due to the wreckless nature of Carp. LOL. sounds eerily similar. LOL.

Big carp are known as high speed theives .....(personal fact) & also a fat drum or channel can consficate your rod when your not looking ! :o If you were using minnows I think a big sneaky pike may want to play with your rod & reel .......Good luck on getting it back ....maybe try dragging a cheap spoon to pick up the line if it's still in the area ......

I have almost lost a few rods to carp in the last few years including my expensive float rod I got custom made for my birthday a few years back too bad about your luck though if for some reason I find a rod wash up on shore ill give it to you I got enough of them anyhow

i tried draggin some trebles with a heavy sinker, kept gettin weeds. i'm gonna go back with a snorkel and some fins and try to find it.

It's not the first time i've went divin for a rod, but they were always my brothers.

i tried draggin some trebles with a heavy sinker, kept gettin weeds. i'm gonna go back with a snorkel and some fins and try to find it.

It's not the first time i've went divin for a rod, but they were always my brothers.

I guess it runs in the family if you find it tell us

It could always be worse. When I lived in Oklahoma, my boss got a brand new rig for his birthday from his daughters. Something like a $450 baitcaster combo. He unwrapped it, and for the winter never used it. Next spring, he went out fishing with his wife, and let her use it. First cast, three quarters through the swing, for some strange reason, she opened her hand...$450 worth of rod went sailing out into the drink. He dove for three days, was dragging everything he could thing of, and never did find it.

Of course, on the other end of the scale, my dad's just randomly dropped four rods in the water now. Can't even blame it on fish. He's lost his good baitcaster (on my rod), one catfish rod, and two spinning rigs. So I think for his birthday, I'm buying him a rod leash. :o

It could always be worse. When I lived in Oklahoma, my boss got a brand new rig for his birthday from his daughters. Something like a $450 baitcaster combo. He unwrapped it, and for the winter never used it. Next spring, he went out fishing with his wife, and let her use it. First cast, three quarters through the swing, for some strange reason, she opened her hand...$450 worth of rod went sailing out into the drink. He dove for three days, was dragging everything he could thing of, and never did find it.

Heh, atleast buddy could leverage that into some guilt fed nookie :P

I've been lucky with carp (or atleast expecting it), but the cats off the rocks of an Unmentionable Tackle Shop In Dunnville almost made off with my rig a few times. Maybe it's just the circle hooks making things so easy it's just not sporting, or kicking back in the sun enjoying a malted beverage but my usual cynical, always on edge radar gets turned off fishing for cats. Kick back in chair, doze off, wait until you hear drag, reach down to lift rod for the dozenth time that afternoon...wait, where's the rod, why isn't it in the holder right by hand......oh crap oh crap oh crap :pardon:

Hee hee and it's salmon season, now it becomes a daily occurrence :D

Current record holder I've seen was a guy who lost his rig and got it back THREE times in one night. Okay a fish only pulled it in twice, the third time it was so wet & slick it flew out of his hand when he went to cast. And buddy got it back every time, we were taking wagers on how long he could go, lol.

I heard a story about a guy so excited to go catfishing, he threw his line out, laid the rod on the ground, THEN went to get a rod holder. Got back, and his rod was MIA. About a half hour later, his partner hooked into a cat, pulled it on shore, and found a second hook in it's mouth. Pulled on the line until they got the first guys rod back.

Now THAT'S luck!

A couple weeks back I was fishing with the kids in the Welland river.

My son's rod without warning took off like Superman about 8 feet into the water.As I stepped in to grab it my rod got slammed.

So I set the hook on my line and watched the line just peel off the spool.The fish surfaced and started thrashing on the surface about 40 yrds. out. After a minute or so fight it bit me off.

So I stepped in and retrieved my son's rod to find his line bit off as well.

So luckly I didn't loose his rod but unfortunately I've got no clue what it was..I looked very big out on the surface but couldn't see any features. :P

i was trolling with a buddy who wasnt paying attention or using his own rod, long story short since my rod went out the back of the boat so did i. got the rod, and chunk of tree that almost claimed it.

Archived