Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish. Question?

drsmooth

Just Read "The Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish"?

I have a question.........

Out of all the unnamed lakes in the "Southern Ontario" section of the guide.

Why is "unnamed Lake # 420" the only unnamed lake tested?.

I am confused. Why not Unnamed lake 419, 421 or unnamed lake #69?

If you are interested in unnamed lake #420 it is located South of Lake of Bays.

Apparently the locals know it as Paint Lake.

The guide provides a random sampling area by area. The exception being bodies of water with known heavy usage and angling pressure. There are over 50,000 lakes in Ontario and God knows how many rivers and streams. A full sampling report of all water bodies is just not viable.

I'm not so sure that I would eat anything out of the Gibson/12 mile creek/martindale pond system. there's lots of sediment in that system and it's not exactly healthy for you. I would be more ready to eat anything out of the Niagara River though. think of it this way though..................if you've bought fish from the supermarket, chances are that you've eaten the same chemicals, or different chemicals in the same quantities as what you'de get around here. for that reason, I'de say go ahead and eat the fish, within reason. don't eat anything too big though.............ie: if it's a Bass, a good size is about 2.5-3 pounds. any more than that and the chemical content can be too much and not healthy for you.

Rich

Just Read "The Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish"?

I have a question.........

Out of all the unnamed lakes in the "Southern Ontario" section of the guide.

Why is "unnamed Lake # 420" the only unnamed lake tested?.

I am confused. Why not Unnamed lake 419, 421 or unnamed lake #69?

If you are interested in unnamed lake #420 it is located South of Lake of Bays.

Apparently the locals know it as Paint Lake.

DrSmooth.... I've got a cottage up that way... there just happens to be an MNR/Govt Office (where a lot of the water testing is handled) about a stones throw away from Paint Lake.... likely why results are posted for this "unnamed lake"! BTW, early season pike fishing in Paint can be pretty decent.

I'm not so sure that I would eat anything out of the Gibson/12 mile creek/martindale pond system. there's lots of sediment in that system and it's not exactly healthy for you.

As we say at work, its not so much the dirt thats bad for you, but whats in the dirt.

Its for all the stoners that might get baked, and then get the munchies.

Just to let them know what fish they shouldn't excessively munch out on.

:dunno: That's exactly what I was thinking but they wouldn't eat the fish anyway. Takes too long to cook it so they'd likely just eat the fish crisp with a spoon right out of the box :pardon::clapping:

:dunno: That's exactly what I was thinking but they wouldn't eat the fish anyway. Takes too long to cook it so they'd likely just eat the fish crisp with a spoon right out of the box :blink::pardon:

LMAO. that's exactly what I was thinking too. :clapping: I'de take that a step further and add trail mix to the ingredients, since there seems to be a lot of those packages down by the Rootbeer river. hahahahahahaha

Archived