Night fishing on shore....

inwook80

Would you like to night fish or knight fish ? :roflblack: Fishing at night is riskier than day fishing anywhere . You may trip over things , fall in the drink or get mugged easier.......best to have a friend or two with you . Look for places like a pier that are well lit at night . :)

Lanterns and flashlights. I keep an LED light in my tackle box, just because I might go out night fishing. It's proven useful more times than I can count. But like Smerchly says, bring friends. And I suppose it helps to know the general area you're night fishing in, in case something does happen.

Night vision is something that you can't just turn on and off. If you are fishing in an area that is very dark, get there before dusk and allow your eyes to adjust. Once they have adjusted, don't do anything that will affect your night vision, such as lighting a bright light. Use a red filter on your flashlight. If you smoke, don't look at your lighter as you flick it. . . any light at all will ruin your night vision and it can take a considerable time to restore it.

I recall the old drill when in I was in the army: when you hear a flare going up, close one eye and look down. If you don't then once that light goes out, you'll be blind.

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

It all depends on WHERE ... there are certain spots that are deemed closed after a set time such as firemans park ... so there is an off chance of a fine if there are some bored NRP members at the time

Port Dalhousie is about the best spot to night fish. there's lots of light and not too many wierdo's. LOL. use hot dogs as bait if you want to catch kitties. you can use worms for anything else. if you fish off the East pier, you'll get into cats, Bass, etc, but if you fish off the West pier, you might be lucky and get into some Walleye. minnows are also a good choice for bait off the West pier.

there are other good spots for night fishing, sich as the broken road at Gibson, the GRT off Martindale and other spots. the problem you run into at those spots, is Coyotes. we were within 8 feet of one at the GRT, which was unsettling to say the least. it seemed he had an incling for chicken, cause he was going to town on the geese. LOL. take a friend(s) and a really big stick if you plan on going to any of those other places. and good luck. :)

Rich

Archived