Upper river

shadow

Well ham and eggs and i made it out sat morn for a few hours to do some fishin in the upper river. The day started out slow with Derek catching the first fish right away and hopin it was goin to be a good day, but then it went slow for a bit, then it picked up and we did not too bad but then the wind picked up a bit and all the pleasure boaters came out. We called it quits tho after that. We went 8 for 12 with a few misses. Here are some pics.

Picture133.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Yea those are some beauts for sure. Here's a stupid question. Where does the niagara go through? Like what city/town is popular to launch from? I've never been there but thought about it a few times. I always see some nice lookin fishes come outta there like those ones and it would be nice to get some of my own before the seasons out.

not really any towns specifically. but if you want to fish the upper, there's a few public boat launches along the stretch between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie. I believe there are two in the area of Navy Island, that will get you into Bass like the ones shown here. on the lower Niagara river, you are limited to two launches..............the public launch in Queenston and there's one in Yongstown if you cross the Queenston/Lewiston bridge into the US. that's a pain in the butt though and you'de most likely have to show a valid NY state fishing licence.

if you fish Navy Island, that's in Canadian waters, so you'll be ok with your Ontario licence, but if you fish the US side of the river, you'll be charged if you don't have a NY state licence. something to consider and watch where you fish. :)

Rich

Derek and I always hav a good time fishin out there despite the weather conditions and persistance always pays off in the end. We launch from across Navy Island in the upper jus outside chippawa.

Archived