Gate 12-Carpin

shadow

Being that it was a bit windy yesterday we needed to get out and fish anyway. Decided to head out to gate 12 and out of the wind. Started off quick and furious with my first 3 carp gettin caught within a hour and half. Then a little small bass. The sun then went away and it took the bite away too. The sun came back and so did the bite. We managed to catch a couple more but the camera batteries died by then, so no pics of those fish.

Picture139.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture143.jpg

My friend Steve doesnt catch many fish but wen he does they are pretty big tho!

Picture140.jpg

looks like fun...I love catching big fish be it trouy,musky,cats, carp...I don't do it for my dinner just for the fun of it...so sounds like some good times to me :lol:

That's an old pike hole I fished years ago Shadow . We used a chub/float method to catch the pike there . It's good to see the place is still a good spot to fish. Thanks for the pictures ! :Gonefishing:

WTG! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for the report. I found it interesting that the bite changed the way it did on you. Usually it's the opposite with carp. Maybe it was due to the cooler weather we have been experiencing? It could also be true that carp don't like sudden changes in their environment period.

Jus using can corn and jus a few feet off shore. They were in close. Last year smerchly i caught a small pike in there on a jitterbug. The lure was bigger than its mouth.lol! Not sure tho if the salmon still run there tho. I hav'nt seen them but yet i never really bothered also! Sry. Let u know if i do tho.

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar
Do the salmon still make their way up there? Haven't seen any for the last few years, I figured it was because a part of the wall caved in ...

I have never seen a salmon above the tubes ... over the last few years I have only ever seen a handful make it past the wall, not like it was 15 years ago ... that wall collapse has definitely hurt them moving up to the tubes though, but they can still get up there.

I don't want anyone to give away a secret spot, but thats the old canal near the G.M. plant correct?

I saw some salmon up that way about 5 years ago, but it was closer to the road where you turn off glendale, then make the 180* turn and go back under glendale.

I might give it a try later this week maybe thursday or friday im itchin for some carp and bass I know you are, I live about 8.5 km from there so its a short walk.

Archived