Carp contest

Luvevolution

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so far, he hasn't given me an answer, but he didn't say no either. I asked him to let me know as soon as he possibly could, so I could organize this thing. I'm planning on going to the park again on Monday, so I should have an answer by then. he wasn't interested in donating the proceeds to a charity, but he would be interested in pocketing the money for himself. LOL. so the entrance fee would be going directly to him for fishing his pond and winnings would be whatever I can drum up for prizes. although I would love to fish this event, I believe it's only fair that I run the event and weigh the fish. this way, I remain nuetral. I'm still gonna fish mind you, but I won't be in the contest, as I don't want to be a part of any possible bickering and what have you. I just wanna fish the pond, so that's what I'm gonna do. the contest would be between whoever else is attending. my wife would also help with the weigh ins, etc, so we should be ok I think. hopefully, the owner will be ok with everything and he'll give us the go ahead. if he says yes, I'm gonna start hitting up local businesses, for support and see if they'll donate anything. fingers crossed.

Rich

Well, that sounds a bit promising.

I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to fish his pond....lol

You could always run pots for big fish, big 4. I think most carp guys would love to fish this place.

Thanks for looking into it, keep us posted

This looks like a good time for a day out with the guys & gals & get aquainted . If the owner agrees and we figure out how many people we can accomodate I will be glad to either fish or help out with the derby . A question for the carp guys who know how to run derbies...... should we have a bag of some sort that is easy on the fish to weigh them properly ? I run a weigh scale for the local trout derbies & I'm hoping for a weigh bag for fish that are released this year . :P

anything we can do to put less stress and harm on his fish, the better off we'll be. that's why I'm hoping some of the avid carp guys will come out and donate the use of their stuff. LOL. I'm hitting him up again tomorrow afternoon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll give us the green light. I guess I could even throw in my wife if it'll help sweeten the pot for him. hahahahahahahaha

anything we can do to put less stress and harm on his fish, the better off we'll be. that's why I'm hoping some of the avid carp guys will come out and donate the use of their stuff. LOL. I'm hitting him up again tomorrow afternoon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll give us the green light. I guess I could even throw in my wife if it'll help sweeten the pot for him. hahahahahahahaha

You better be happy she isn't a member here, Rich. Although, after a comment like that, she just might become one.

she was a member, but she got kicked off for some stupid comment and she's never bothered coming back. so, for that reason, I can say whatever I want and get away with it. hahahahahaha. I know she still lurks occasionally, so I better watch it, huh? LOL.

I think Ike and Kiska would appreciate a meal that doesn't consist of fishy jello. LOL. that's how they get their vitamins, water and other essential nutrients though, but I'm sure a nice Carp or two would spice things up a bit. LOL. I'm heading up there now, so I'm hoping he's got a good answer for me. :rolleyes:

Rich

If Marineland says no The pond at Safari Niagara is always an option. They already allow fishing in their pond.

I hope there aren't any of those wiper breaking roof humpin monkeys around the pond! Can we feed our carp to the big cats?

I hope there aren't any of those wiper breaking roof humpin monkeys around the pond! Can we feed our carp to the big cats?

It's funny you mention that LOL!!!!!!! I was at Discount Lion Safari (Simpsons reference for those who don't watch) a few years ago with the X. We stoped in the monkey section. Those monkeys were horndogs to the highest degree. On the windshield, the roof the back window. Pretty much where ever they pleased. Also much like humans, It didn't seem to matter what sex one monkey was or the other. It was a non stop monkey style Greek orgy of the highest degree.

Anyway, while in the monkey section a mid June thunder storm hit. It was of epic proportion. We decided to climb into the back seat to show the monkeys how it is done..... Good thing I have tinted windows.... The park bus drove by at some point!!!!!!!

One of the monkeys did take off with some trim from my car. It held it up as if mocking me then took it into a tree....

The ones at Safari Niagara are more of the feces throwing variety. Don't ask me how I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the tournament at Marineland is likely off.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, the owner of Safari Niagara would likely say yes. Their pond is already open for fishing. You can even borrow bamboo rods, and use paddle boats at no additional cost.

You might have to wait til next summer to do it, but you could make it an afternoon event. You could hold the event on the same day as a concert for extra incentive to attend.

For example, tournament starts at 2pm. Giving entrants and their family, time to tour the grounds, check out the demonstrations, have Feces thrown at them by the monkey's ect.

Fishing 2pm til 7pm. Awards presentation at 7:30. Anyone wishing to stick around for the concert can head on over to the amphitheater.

The cost would likely be the park admission fee $14 plus whatever you charge to enter the tournament. Although you could likely negotiate a group rate if enough people are interested.

as of right now, it looks as if it's a no go at Marineland. I haven't been able to get a definite answer out of him and I'm tired of chasing him down. :Gonefishing: Safari Niagara sounds like a great alternative option, if they are ok with it. I can certainly look into that. I haven't lost all hope with Marineland just yet and I figure if I bug him enough, he might give us the go ahead. if I hear anything different, I will post it on this thread.

Rich

Are there carp in that pond?

Ah, now that's a key question.

It's a great idea you've developed here, Luvevolution. It is getting a bit frosty now and the carp will soon be dormant but you've laid the foundation for next year.

I just wanted to propose a fun "fishtogether", more for the comeradery, a few prizes and mostly bragging rights here on the forum. LOL. I hope that this can still happen at some point in the very near future. as I said, I haven't given up all hope on Marineland, cause let's face it, fishing that pond would be kick a$$. :( I will contact someone from SN (Zooz) and see if this is a viable option in that location. I will also ask what exactly is in that pond, as far as Carp are concerned.

maybe we could plan a trip down to Indiana or Illinois to fish for Asian Carp. all we need are a few boats and some nets. LMAO.

I just wanted to propose a fun "fishtogether", more for the comeradery, a few prizes and mostly bragging rights here on the forum. LOL. I hope that this can still happen at some point in the very near future. as I said, I haven't given up all hope on Marineland, cause let's face it, fishing that pond would be kick a$$. :( I will contact someone from SN (Zooz) and see if this is a viable option in that location. I will also ask what exactly is in that pond, as far as Carp are concerned.

maybe we could plan a trip down to Indiana or Illinois to fish for Asian Carp. all we need are a few boats and some nets. LMAO.

I'll fish with my bow! Doubt anyone would complain about bowing asian carp. :P

Archived