dewies

tmate

turned out to be such a nice night outside...mild and just a very light mist if anything at all

get outside and grab yourself some worms...just grabbed about 50 in 5-10mins

I have over 200 in my worm box which I keep all summer .I feed them finely crushed gold fish flakes (buck store) and keep them cool in an old fridge and use large ice gel packs at the trailer which I change every 12 hrs. Since we are having lots of rain now , tonight will yield many of those slimey critters.

I collected a handful for today's fishing adventure in the middle of no where cant say where cause its a secret but its quite the drive and its for trout

I use reg.worm bedding you can buy . It looks like finely chopped newspaper & I wet it with rain water . I dump it in a wheelbarrow & use a watering can to slowly mix in the water & tossing the mix about until it is very well mixed ....but not so wet you can squeeze water out . Pick the worms ,then add them on top of the worm bedding & let them crawl into it . Any that reamin on the top should be taken out , they will die & stink up the rest . I use a styrofoam container that is large enough to hold a package of bedding .....up to 200 worms. Good moss will work too ,but soil is a little tricky . I have used soil mixed with rotted leaves & wet chopped up newspaper.

I just picked about 30 more & noted a lot of crane flies all over the grass , & also a lot of slugs which are now fertilizer . :dunno:

if you wanna keep them from melting keep them in a fridge right away and remove any ones that look dead or dying, I only use worms when I can collect them cause tends to be the best time to use them.

Archived