Port D near Waterfall

inwook80

hey~

I was just wondering~ what you can catch near that waterfall at port D`

I know I should just go and try it~

been doing some bass fishing at lake gibson~ and it was pretty good~

oh yeah~ I am planning for early morning fishing near waterfall if that helps~ and dont worry I am not gonna go over any fence~

hey hey hey ....Madam .......I saw a couple of guys inside the fence at the water falls today ,taking their chances on getting fined . There were anglers on both sides of the harbour , some catching small white perch & others were fishing for trout . I didn't see any nice fish caught in the 3 hrs. I was there . One guy behind the legion lost a larger fish .....could have been a trout or a bass . I was after minnows......a little tricky catching them today.

Yes....a 3' minnow net . I toss a little bread into the net after it has settled on bottom (3-4') . I have forgotten the bread sometimes & chop up a small minnow to throw into the net . They go nuts over that !

hey hey hey ....Madam .......I saw a couple of guys inside the fence at the water falls today ,taking their chances on getting fined . There were anglers on both sides of the harbour , some catching small white perch & others were fishing for trout . I didn't see any nice fish caught in the 3 hrs. I was there . One guy behind the legion lost a larger fish .....could have been a trout or a bass . I was after minnows......a little tricky catching them today.

yeah I seen some people inside also.... not cool....

so nothing much around that area... I guess... maybe I will just go to gibson later on today.

oh where you on the east side? or west? I did see few poeple trying to catch minnows some with kids, some alone...

woundering if I saw you~

I was on the west side behind the Legion and also further down the harbour near the sailboats where Joey was fishing from a small boat. There are lots of tiny minnows in the area but they go through the mesh & are too small for me.

Hey Smerch those minnows are tough to catch for sure, we have even tried a baited minnow trap all we can get are Gobbies! Are you useing a net?

I use to do that in the south, and would end up with crawfish in my minnow trap. To stop it, I started suspending the trap from structure or with a home made float (empty 20L pail or clean plastic gas can work best). That keeps the bottom feeders out of it, and still allows for plenty of minnows. Plus, hanging it around structure, there's usually more minnows there, like under docks or around sunken trees. Just make sure it's a place you can easily get to.

I use to do that in the south, and would end up with crawfish in my minnow trap. To stop it, I started suspending the trap from structure or with a home made float (empty 20L pail or clean plastic gas can work best). That keeps the bottom feeders out of it, and still allows for plenty of minnows. Plus, hanging it around structure, there's usually more minnows there, like under docks or around sunken trees. Just make sure it's a place you can easily get to.

that is actually a really good tip, thanks for that Scott, I use a trap up north and the minnows are always above us, and it was such a simple answer.

I also had a lot of trouble in the early spring, when bass were at their best, I'd try to catch minnows, and would end up with a trap full of fingerling channel cats. Even though I could use them as bait, I'd much rather eat them than fish with them. So suspending the trap was the next logical move.

I was on the west side behind the Legion and also further down the harbour near the sailboats where Joey was fishing from a small boat. There are lots of tiny minnows in the area but they go through the mesh & are too small for me.

that was me with joey in my yacht. we caught some perch. it was a fun afternoon. thanks for catching the minnows J.

that was me with joey in my yacht. we caught some perch. it was a fun afternoon. thanks for catching the minnows J.

no prob rich how was the white perch?

haven't eaten it yet

B) im debating weather going to gibson for trophy largies or going back to port yellow and white perch

B) im debating weather going to gibson for trophy largies or going back to port yellow and white perch

If you're going to Gibby, shoot me a text Joey. I'll meet you over there. What're those three eyed bass hitting on these days?

hm... hm...

so I will be off work soon to head out.... still havnt decide where do go yet

if I do go gibson I go where the construction are usally... you know where there is that long walkway to mid of the lake?

well send me a pm or msg where you two are heading out to~

I'll love to join any company to fish~ ^^*

im still debating if I go to gibson I need a ride up that way, and I dont think my dad is willing to drive to thorold, I dont get home till about noon anyhow ill let you guys know where I am going

haven't eaten it yet

RW...a little tip when eating the white perch . I clean them same as yellow perch ....fillet and remove skin . You will see a dark fatty membrane along the lateral line on the skin side . Remove this oily fishy membrane by making a shallow wedge cut on both sides and peel it off . Rinse the fillet and pat dry before frying & enjoy !

Archived