NIAGARA OUTDOOR OPEN

denis

NIAGARA OUTDOOR OPEN…due to the forecast for Sat. (high winds!!!) we have re-scheduled for Sunday Oct.31. This should make the day safer and more enjoyable for all those involved. This change will especially help people who are towing longer distances. Hopefully, this early notification will afford competitors a better opportunity to manage their weekend timetable. All other times remain in effect. If you know someone that plans to fish this tourney, let them know that it will be on Sunday. Any questions, please call Denis @ 905-871-3888 from 10am til 5pm on Fri. or Sat. or visit fishinniagara.com

NIAGARA OUTDOOR OPEN…due to the forecast for Sat. (high winds!!!) we have re-scheduled for Sunday Oct.31. This should make the day safer and more enjoyable for all those involved. This change will especially help people who are towing longer distances. Hopefully, this early notification will afford competitors a better opportunity to manage their weekend timetable. All other times remain in effect. If you know someone that plans to fish this tourney, let them know that it will be on Sunday. Any questions, please call Denis @ 905-871-3888 from 10am til 5pm on Fri. or Sat. or visit fishinniagara.com

Great Call Denis!!!

Shane

Perfect day everyone caught lots of fish.

John Prokator ran away with it winning by over 3 pounds 26 and change for the

Niagara Outdoor Open champs :P:clapping::clapping:

Bill will be posting a full report with HD video of weigh in.

Thank You everyone that helped from the blast off thru weigh in and most important fizzing afterwards. Out of all those fish only 1 floater and I took it home and ate it :skunk:

Those who didn't fish missed a good one!!!!

Also thanks to the guys who showed up some of the best Big Water smallie anglers on Lake Erie if you don't believe me then google them they've all WON money before :worthy:

Big congrats to Dennis and Bill, very well put together tournament! Weather was great although it got alittle cold.

Big winners of the the day were John Proctor and Kevin Macdonald with a whopping weight of 26.57 and big fish honours of 6.07. Congrats also to a Rick Kewell and Cy for taking 2nd, and Pete and Julie for taking 3rd place, some great weights and amazing prizes, i'd like to apoligize for the lack of photos, i got busy fizzin fish, big thanks to catfish for helping me out, thanks Rob!If anyone has photos (Marny LOL) could you please send me some! Thanks All!

002-40.jpg

006-39.jpg

009-33.jpg

011-21.jpg

012-24.jpg

013-19.jpg

On behalf of Julie and myself we would like to thank Bill Whitehead from the Niagara Outdoor Show and Denis Krese from Fishin Niagara for putting on this great event. 16 teams for the first year is a great showing! Next year will be even bigger.

If you missed it this year make it a point to fish it next year. First place payout was over $1000 and the prizes were great! Mmmm beer....

Congrats to John and Kevin, great weight!

Pete

1st place...John Prokator-Kevin Macdonald:26.57lbs...also Big Bass @ 6.07lbs......2nd place...Cy Phengchann-Rick Kewell:23.91lbs.......3rd place...Pete Elphinstone-Julie Millejouris:23.37lbs......4th place...Brent Way-Dale Beattie:22.52lbs......5th place...Kim Poirier-Roy Young:21.64lbs......16 teams competed on a windy day that was very manageable. Registration endured a short period of snow. Teams fished both U.S. and Can. waters. One team came down from Orillia. The Grand Prize was courtesy of the Cairn Croft Best Western, Miller's Auto Recycling and the Sandstone Grillhouse. Draw prizes included two $50 vouchers for John's Shell in Ridgeway and four cases of Canadian (courtesy Molson). It was great to get this kind of support from local merchants. Special thanks go out to Pete and Julie who conducted the weigh-in. Jason Matson, a friend and volunteer is putting together a video compilation of yesterday's event that I will post as soon as possible. Thanks to those who participated. Denis (Fishin' Niagara), I enjoyed fishing with you...wish we'd got those 2 fish in the net, oh well!!!...Bill (Niagara Outdoor Show)

Though the day was a little chilly, it was a truly awesome day of fishing!!

Thank you to both Bill and Dennis for putting together a great tournament that i look forward to competing in yearly! It was so nice to see all the fellow anglers come together to endure the cold to catch those BIG lake erie bass!!

Definately a tournament you want to check out next year, if you were not able to participate in this year.

Thanks to Wayne and Rob for fizzing the fish and release them so they can be caught another day!

Sorry Wayne, I was not able to take pictures for you, I got caught up in the weigh in!!

Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated and a special thank you to the sponsors that helped make this whole day possible!!

Thanks to everyone involved in the running of this turny. It was awsome! Almost had big fish. Was a great day, if you didn't make it out this year, make it a point to be here next year.

Thanks again, it was a fun day, hope to see you next year.

It's been awhile since I have posted here but you all know when it's BASS season you don't see or hear from me. I though this would be a good time to get the typing fingers out after fishing the Niagara Outdoor Open on the weekend.This Tourny was put together very well from the winners board to the fizz tank and the check-in.

Congrates to Bill & Denis for putting this event on.Also to Pete & Julie for taking care of the weigh in. A big :worthy: to John & Kevin for their 1st place finish along with Sy & Rick in 2nd .It's nice to see a 1,2 punch from our club again(Do I see a club challenge in the making)Keep a eye here because one is comming to a web site near you. It was also nice to see a tank for holding fish to be fizzed and Wayne trying his best to keep up. This is something that I have been trying to promote over the years and I wish that all anglers would learn to do,after all they are our fish so we should do everything we can to make sure they return to the lake the way we took them out.Great job Wayne. Scott and I had a great day but did not get the fish in the boat(we have all had 1 of those days) the kick in the butt was we were very close to John and Kevin watching them put on a show in a half. Great job Guy's. Catfish

Congrats to all the winners and promoters of the bass derby . Man , the bass are getting BIG ! Kudos to ya Rob for getting the fizzing done & promoting that idea to return the fish to the water to get nice and fat for the next derby . Bigbassmon ....it won't be long & I'll be seeing you with a 2' rod in your hand on the ice ! :worthy:

Wayne did one hell of a job :lol: Fizzing all those fish in the cold water isn't easy. I thank you very much :clapping: Thank you also Rob without you guys taking the time to do that those fish wouldn't have had a chance.

I fished with Bill today this time we went across where everyone else was, I'll post pics tomorrow :worthy:

Archived