Reviving dead rechargeable batteries-

fishfight

I fell upon this topic ........How to revive dead rechargeable batteries last week, this method also includes your cordless drill batteries.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6037518_fix-nickel-cadmium-battery.html

I was able to salvage some of my dead rechargeable batteries back to life

One can also convert a cordless drill to manually charge even non-rechargeable batteries http://www.metacafe.com/watch/967302/crank_charge_your_batteries/

Be careful not to tap the 12V charger too long for more than 2 seconds on the battery Polarity, it might explode and gets hot in no time. The jump starting method is used to temp revive the battery and then they need to be charge at a normal battery charger.

One leeeelte problem I have with this is this........:)

Tips & Warnings

• Protect your skin, eyes and hair with safety glasses and insulated clothing during this hazardous process.
  • The recharging process is best performed by someone familiar with working in electricity.
  • If mishandled the battery can catch on fire, explode or spray acid.
  • Individuals attempting this process need to understand that they are performing this process at their own risk and need to guard against damage to self, property and others.

Be in the know before you blow...................yourself up . :read: (don't become a member of the Taliban) :tease:

One leeeelte problem I have with this is this........:)

Tips & Warnings

• Protect your skin, eyes and hair with safety glasses and insulated clothing during this hazardous process.
  • The recharging process is best performed by someone familiar with working in electricity.
  • If mishandled the battery can catch on fire, explode or spray acid.
  • Individuals attempting this process need to understand that they are performing this process at their own risk and need to guard against damage to self, property and others.

Be in the know before you blow...................yourself up . :read: (don't become a member of the Taliban) :tease:

Yeah, using the 12volt battery charger sounds a bit to dangerous for me, but using the cordless drill is ingenious!!

Archived