full smelts

metalheadangler

I'm looking for full smelts, frozen preferably. I can't find them at any of the grocery stores anymore there just the cleaned smelts, no head, not guts no good. If any one knows where I could get some please let me know.

Greatly appreciated, metalhead

tie yarn onto a hook and split shot and drop down to the smelts, the yarn will attach to there teeth.

tie yarn onto a hook and split shot and drop down to the smelts, the yarn will attach to there teeth.

Yep that works Joey , I like to use a tiny #14 thin wire treble with yarn ,or use the eye from a smelt . Their teeth will hang up on a roe bag as well . The head or a tiny piece of minnow will also work . Two pound test line on a thin 12" tree branch with 3 -4 ' of line will get you a basket of smelts in no time .B) A hut makes it even better to see a dozen of those critters at a time in the hole just under the ice .

:Gonefishing:

<~~~<

. name='metalheadangler' timestamp='1295205966' post='171221']

I'm looking for full smelts, frozen preferably. I can't find them at any of the grocery stores anymore there just the cleaned smelts, no head, not guts no good. If any one knows where I could get some please let me know.

Greatly appreciated, metalhead

I get mine at food basics . The smelts are complete nothing missing. good luck

name='metalheadangler' timestamp='1295312462' post='171289']

Thanks Weedliner, I wish I would have seen that post earlier, I was just in niagara falls after work today, I would have checked the one on mcloud.

Which food basics do you go to?

hey metalheadangler. Foodbasic in burlington on the lakeshore. I will head down there soon to pick up few bags and I will let you know. How soon do you need them.

Archived