Fishing License

Phranchise

I just recently went to renew my License for this year and I can't find my outdoors card. I have searched high and low for it and it is officially missing in action. I called the hotline and they are sending me a replacement card, however, they said 20 days and I have an ice fishing weekend planned on the 18th-20th. My question is, can I still get my license renewed without the card in hand, or do I have to get a one day license (which doesn't require you to have the card to purchase).

Phil

Your outdoors card # is on file.

You should be able to either go online or call to confirm its reference #.

When in doubt: (Waiting to receive by mail, lost etc.) as long as you have:

1) Your ID

2) Copy or printout until original arrives

any reasonable CO (MNR) would find this acceptable.

I did the 3 year renewal online just before Christmas.

It took about 3 weeks to arrive by mail (X-mas slowdown) ... so I just carried copies and ID.

Ended up talking to a CO at the Credit ... and everything was fine.

REMEMBER:

in the end "HONESTY" does count. Your certainly not trying to "Screw the system" or do anything wrong.

Hope you catch some sweet ones!

Bigugli...you were right. Actually that was only option available to me. If you lose your card guys, you can't renew online unless you have your card with you, as they will not issue your card number over the phone.

My friend lost his card while walking to the hut.

We called the outdoors card number.

She made a note on file, but stressed it depends on the officer and how he feels about inforcing the law.

She also said most Service ontario sites could just print a temporary one at no cost.

But in Napanee, they arent up to speed, so he just bought a 1 day card.

Archived