My Last Day On The Ice

minnow killer

So since yesterday's plan got screwed up by work, that got cancelled once i got there, i ventured out for my final day on the local ice. Parked in my dad's driveway and walked out on the ice, there was some nice walking conditions, not as slick as last time. got my first line down by 11. and didnt get the first fish till after 1. I moved twice, and the third spot paid off. non stop fish untill i ran out of minnows. ended up with 32 keepers. not as good as the guys out there said they did yesterday. but awesome in my eyes, i got skunked last time. i'll post some pics later once i figure how to get them off the iphone. Before Chilli gets his short hairs in a knot, i want to add, Ice fishing is done for this area, the rain tomorrow and the warmup, the ice will be soft and breaking up.if it does not blow away tonight. stay home, and go to the niagara outdoor show and buy some soft water gear. cant wait to get out in the boat for some season opener bass.

Nice going MK , it looks like you will get a few nice dinners from that catch of perch ! I will fially say ,it's time to put away the ice gear and polish up the soft water rods & reels . I missed out on the smelt ice fishing this season ,but I hope to get a few dozen with the nets .

Rob......your avatar ........doesn't match the signature :crazy:..........................................................B)

I thinks it over in these parts for sure (almost) wink.gif , raining cats & dogs all day and foggy now , but it's still March ! crazy.gif Looking at your ice rods .....they could make the handles a little longer for those wire rod holders . I drilled a hole at the back of the handle and put in a 1.5" screw & wrapped it with tape ....it worked ! smile.gif Enjoy those fish !

Archived