Twoface

miller

i nailed this lil fella on the 8th and i was sure suprised when i pulled him out. anyone else ever get any like this? the dark coloration was only on one side of the face, the whole other side of the fish was the lighter tone. he definatly seemed healthy as he put up a pretty good fight

twofaceedited.jpg

I think it's a sunburn. Little fella got a little too anxious when we had that nice weather a while ago like the rest of us :P

Fish can change colour very quickly according to the water conditions & bottom colour ,but that one is a rarity to me .It looks like half it's body was exposed to the sun while its head was hidden behind a log etc. It would be interesting to see if it changed back to "normal" if kept in a keeper net for a few minutes.

How did you get the duct tape to stick to it Josh ? smile.gif Did you find out what the probable affliction is ?

:pardon: most people i've talked to have been suprised with the distinct line and the fact it was only on the one side as well as how dark the colour change is. so far no real explanation just a few theories. lol funniest one so far is "He was cooking one of the Delicio Pizzas and couldn't take his eyes away from the oven window.." lol :roflblack:

I caught a small mouth bass in a creek (yrs ago) and it came out from some cover in the shade and grabbed my spinner worm combo . I was standing in the sun and the bottom was white sand on that side . It only took minutes for that bass to turn almost yellow in the sunlight and white bottom . In this case ,the water was warm , which may contribute to the speedy colour change . We all know that catching fish in murky water "bleaches" out the colours . I have seen rock bass and crappie with the colours almost absent in these waters.

Archived