Brennan Harbour '11

The Ketchican Kid

i was fortunate enough to return to Brennan Harbour fishing resort in Spanish, Ontario again this year and oh boy was it great! Although there was a huge mayfly hatch just a day before we arrived, the fishing was still stellar! The spanish river and whalesback channel is quite the great fishery, and there are great regs to ensure future success. With three people in the boat, we threw back over 200 walleye in a week, and thats no fish story! We each came home with our limit of 4 wallies each and a bonus of 30 jumbo perch and 2 pike. In just one morning we caught 53 walleye and 10 jumbos, but had to throwback mostly 16-22 inch fish! I highly recomend that anyone looking for some fantastic walleye fishing to give Brennan Harbour a look-at as the accomedations are perfect for a fisherman and the place is not too far away if you take the Manitoulin Ferry (CHi-Cheemaun). Hope to do some fishing now that im back, hopefully some bassin'. tight lines.

Whoa ....good to see the fishing was great , even during the may fly hatch ! There must be a lot of walleye in there to catch so many . The "slot " eyes seem to be very abundant & it would be nice if they allowed anglers to keep one each for a meal . Many anglers fish for days and only catch slots and go home frustrated ,not being able to have a small meal while away on vacation , many which never return . I believe that was the reason the slot was taken off at Quinte and replaced with one fish over 25" and keep 3 under 25". (or keep 4 under 25") . Ketch ......that great fishing is going to spoil you .......hope you get some BIG honkin cats !! :Gonefishing:

Some good eats there Mazz . I haven't had a walter meal in a long time , but the perch will do for now . For a second I thought they were blue pickeral , the finger threw me off .....:rolleyes: . I haven't seen one of those moths yet , they are so "lunar" :)

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2009/07/01/luna-moth-from-canada/

Archived