Kayak Sale

Dan Andrews

Well I don't normally advertise for non NFN sponsors but not only do none of my sponsors currently sell kayaks but this deal is too good not to spread around. That and I'd really like to promote kayak fishing.

Canadian Tire has those green pursuit fishing yaks like Thorold fisher's on sale for $350. Comes with two flush mount rod holders. That's a buck fiddy off. Said in the flyer you may have to wait for delivery so I guess it doesn't matter if the store doesn't have them in stock.

sounds like a good time to try kayaking to me :)

i'm happy with mine, comes with spray skirt, paddle leash, folding anchor, and the rod holders. only thing you really need is to buy a paddle. heres a shot of mine, i strap my portable fish finder underneath the front bungee cords once in a while too

firstkayaktripjune21st20115.jpg

I picked one up last Friday. I can't wait to try it out. My only concern is I would like to know how to right side up the yak if it flips over. Don't want to be stuck upside down fightin a fish. :)

I picked one up last Friday. I can't wait to try it out. My only concern is I would like to know how to right side up the yak if it flips over. Don't want to be stuck upside down fightin a fish. :)

I doubt you'll flip while fighting a fish but the best advice I can give you is start with no gear in shallow water. See how much it takes before you flip it over. I found out my first try it's easy ...... if your trying :D

I figured out if I'm relaxed my center of gravity is lower. However while fighting a big fish your far from relaxed so get to know each kayaks limitations before getting in dangerous waters or loading fishing gear.

Eat a couple of big macs & a large coke before yakking to keep the gravity point lower ;) . I have watched some good yakkers flip over & use the paddle to upright themselves , but if you are fighting a fish .......wheres the paddle ?

speaking of paddles......I saw this yak in CT yesterday & the telescopic paddle as pictured costs $ 30 + tax

Archived