Niagara Musky

rile

Fished the upper this afternoon. Started out casted, had two nice sized followers right away. Fished for what seemed like for ever, casting, jigging and trolling, without a bite. Finally noticed some cloud cover rolling and decided to troll a section up river. Immediatly got a nice fat 35", then next troll at the same spot got one close to 40" but as we led it close to the cradle it made one last dash the lure got hooked on the net, and goodbye mr. musky. fished another hour or so then called it. Not a bad day out, but now i want revenge on the one that got away.

Fish2011108.jpg

Beautiful fish! I've seen some really large Muskies come out of the upper river. Several years back I was fishing with a friend that lives up on the parkway (near black creek) and he caught a 49" ski. Took him forever to land it. It went from just below my knees to my shoulder and I'm 6'3". Find some fat creek chubs and free line them in the current just outside the weed beds. We used to use sunfish but apparently thats against the regs now.

Archived