Ringwood Coho Stocking Program Needs Our Votes

RoeBaggin

Please take the time to vote on this as it has to do with the future of our fishery. Once registered you can vote once a day. There are not many days left so please vote and vote every day and help us to ensure strong stocking programs.

Here is the Link

http://www.avivacomm...acf11597#.ToW-2

RB

If your serious about the future of fishing....then please vote!!

Every year there are more and more fishermen and less and less fish! This is an opportunity to perhaps start turning things around.

Back in the 70's and 80's fifty fish days were common. Hundred fish days were less frequent but always a good possibility if your timing was on.

Vote, vote and vote again!

How many people on this board and all we get is eleven replies. Some with double posts. Too bad....really I thought there would be more support than what was shown. RB

I was hoping there would be more support too; nevertheless, I would continue posting my votes in support...

Have been and will vote every day. If they get enough votes, will they go ahead with a coho stocking program?I remember seeing lots come up the rivers in the middle of winter, they get pretty red when they spawn ;correct me if i.m wrong;that was a few years ago.

Have been and will vote every day. If they get enough votes, will they go ahead with a coho stocking program?I remember seeing lots come up the rivers in the middle of winter, they get pretty red when they spawn ;correct me if i.m wrong;that was a few years ago.

In the late 70's early 80's they came in with the chinook, browns and some early bows. Later they started stocking a different strain of coho that didn't start to show up until December.

The males would turn almost purple. The females were lighter with rosey cheeks.

If you were seeeing bright red, depending on where you're talking, you may have been seeing pink salmon. Males had humped backs and turned bright red. They were around for a bit on some northern streams.

Splake could get pretty colourful as well. A hybrid cross between a speckle trout and a lake trout. They've all but fizzled as well.

Not sure where their thinking lies but they seem intent on pouring all the money into the Atlantic salmon program for which they are seeing very little return. In the eyes of most it has been a big flop yet they continue to spend the dollars.

Coho, browns and bows and I'd be happy. Chinook are fine for the boat fishermen but by the time they get into the rivers they don't want to eat. They've only got one thing in mind. Coho will actively feed and put up an excellent fight.

Chinooks bite too. Except the only bait I've seen them take so far is chunks of skein from other salmon fished under a float. They also take lures pretty easily.

Only ever seen it on the Niagara and on some west coast fishing shows. Out west they use chunks of skein the size of the palm of your hand.

On smaller tribs when they're lying in 4' of water or less, they simply move out of the way.

Only ever seen it on the Niagara and on some west coast fishing shows. Out west they use chunks of skein the size of the palm of your hand.

On smaller tribs when they're lying in 4' of water or less, they simply move out of the way.

i've had some luck with skein early in the season on some eastern tribs...

I'd give it a shot, but I'd rather use lures than have to deal with salmon eggs frequently. But this one dude I was fishing with at a Marina had awesome success with Skein for Chinooks. He would put a chunk of it on and fish it about 2 feet under a float in about 4 feet of water. They would take it the way a sunfish would take a worm believe it or not lol.

As far as I know the only salmon that won't take bait is Sockeye and we don't even have any lol.

I'd give it a shot, but I'd rather use lures than have to deal with salmon eggs frequently. But this one dude I was fishing with at a Marina had awesome success with Skein for Chinooks. He would put a chunk of it on and fish it about 2 feet under a float in about 4 feet of water. They would take it the way a sunfish would take a worm believe it or not lol.

As far as I know the only salmon that won't take bait is Sockeye and we don't even have any lol.

When they are staged at the mouth, they will eat. They will move in close to piers and marinas, eat and move back out. They'll coral the baitfish and chase them right to the surface. When they go on the feed you will see them porposing all over the surface chasing down their prey. They'll hit just about anything because they are stuck there waiting for the right conditions for a run upstream. Once in the smaller tribs they are so spooked it is difficult it to get them to hit at all. The odd one will cooperate but for the most part they have only one thing on their mind.

Coho on the otherhand, will eat all along their journey. An exciting fish to catch and aggressive eaters. What more could you ask for?

keep em coming we are at 2300 votes! Two days left...keep pumpin the votes. I think two days ago we only had 1700 votes. Rally troops rally!

GB

I've seen this link on other boards. Is it 2300 votes collectively or is the 2300 just for here?

Archived