Lake Erie The Day Before Christmas

RJR

Christmas came a day early for me. Finally a calm day on the lake and it is the weekend!!!! I was out past the red marker in 65 fow and the perch were hungry. From 8 till about 10 the wind was calm and than it changed around to the north and started to pick up a bit so I headed into the bay for a bit. All in all a good day to get out. Managed to bring home 14 perch from 10 to 12 inches.

All this perch talk has me drooling :P (drool smiley) . I have been searching for them but they are elusive , so far . As I sat here dreaming of a perch Christmas , I hear a knock on the door .A little guy ,about 10 yrs. old hands me a warm plate , wrapped in tin foil ....a gift from his uncle Joe next door who is of Polish decent . I opened up the foil and gazed upon a plate full of perogies , sauerkraut , and PERCH !! I have been blessed by the angels above !! Or this fella has come early ! :santa:

I also went out in the boat at Port Colborne but I headed east as the wind was blowing from the NE and thought that Point abino would give me a little shelter. By the time I got out there the wind died right off and I anchored up halfway to point albino in 58FOW and was into fish non stop for a couple hours and got my limit. It was a cold boat ride but while fishing it was gorgous and I waited since the beginning of Oct to get back out there since every day I had off, the lake was to windy.

RJR, I salted the ramp for you to make it easier as by the time I launched it was a skating ring and wanted to ensure we could have an easy load up with the boats. Its to bad you didnt stick around as the lake laid down.

Archived