Calandar Bay Report

roadrunner

I started fishing last wednesday on calandar bay heading out before sunrise and fishing until a hour or 2 after sunset. I found the fish so to speak. In 3 days i must have caught at least 30 walleye alot of little guys this year. all 3-4" fish but thats a good sign of things to come. I managed to hook into a fairly large cisco as well. I got the odd perch here and there until the last day when I had a school of jumbos seem to stay under my hut all day, but i wasnt complaining. The ice was anywhere form 6" in spots to 12" in others. Anyway heres a few pics of the week.

the herring

2012-01-11105342.jpg

nice eater and one of the jumbos

2012-01-11112221.jpg

Jumbo

2012-01-11115800.jpg

One of the many little guys

2012-01-11130555.jpg

A few for the table

2012-01-12185843.jpg

Biggest of the trip 16"

2012-01-13090950.jpg

The Herring

2012-01-11104134.jpg

I dont know why the pics are so big... lol

Very nice, and a good sized cisco there too......nice mixed bag, thnx for sharing

Thanks guys. I cant wait for ice down here either. Most of those fish were caught on buckshots tipped with pin head minnows. Let me tell you it was freeing up there. lol saturday morning was -31 with the windchill.

Thanks guys. I cant wait for ice down here either. Most of those fish were caught on buckshots tipped with pin head minnows. Let me tell you it was freeing up there. lol saturday morning was -31 with the windchill.

Great! Thanks for the info on what you used, I am on my way up to Emsdale, Ont. for some ice fishing today, leaving at around two o'clock. I plan on fishing a few different lakes in the next two days that have a variety of fish, and any info I gather from the web on baits used is helpful.

I was up there last weekend, and WITHOUT the windchill it dropped to -34 :blink: there was about 7 to 8 inches of ice on the lake I was scouting (stuck my arm in a hole to find out haha) .... so hopefully there is even more ice now. Just got to catch something now :D

Archived