Broken Rod Tip

fafaflohi

so I broke my rod tip on my steelhead rod :wall: I am wondering if people are able to fix it or should I just get a new one?

Cliff here the Admin, and owner of this site is starting back up his rod building / fly tying buisness, so maybe PM him to see if he is setup yet. He might be able to help you out.

Depends on where its broke.....just the tip top? or 5-6 down from tip? makes a differance. If its just the end you can heat the tip top with a lighter and get some new tip top adhesive ( comes in a stick ) melt into the tip and put it back on. If the rod is broke down from the tip....thats another story ( more work )

PM me where it's broke and what blank (rod model) see what i can do..

Some can be fixed pendin where it's broke but your going to lose sensitivity

take it to grimsby tackle they will fix u up

i broke one last year and its all good now thats where i went and i think it wat like 10 bucks

10 bucks?was it a canadian tire special?

so I broke my rod tip on my steelhead rod :wall: I am wondering if people are able to fix it or should I just get a new one?

reading this reminded me of the good ole days when the Fenwick tackle company was located in Niagara Falls. Buddy Rich Brouwer broke his Fenwick rod in the glen, in fact we did this a few times, we left the glen, drove over to Fenwick, and they replaced the top portion of the rod at no cost. I covet my old Fenwicks. Awww, the good ole days. I also recall having such very hellish time in the 90s at a local tackle shop. I bought a light rod and went to Jordan Harbour with my future wife and our canoe. Reeling in a 2 pound sheepshead for some reason my rod tip snapped. It was quite odd. I took the rod back to nameless tackle shop and this big guy boomed at me that i was trying to pull a scam and I that I had broken it off in the trunk. My god I was so angry I have never gone back. I have worked at Russ Mosher's, John Dixon Sporting Goods on St. Paul Street as a kid and Steve's Custom Tackle, and we always tried to help guys who had broken tips. Try where you bought it or even send a letter to the manufacturer which i have done successfully. Customer service has improved somewhat and good relations with customers, especially during these hard days, is paramount.

reading this reminded me of the good ole days when the Fenwick tackle company was located in Niagara Falls. Buddy Rich Brouwer broke his Fenwick rod in the glen, in fact we did this a few times, we left the glen, drove over to Fenwick, and they replaced the top portion of the rod at no cost. I covet my old Fenwicks. Awww, the good ole days. I also recall having such very hellish time in the 90s at a local tackle shop. I bought a light rod and went to Jordan Harbour with my future wife and our canoe. Reeling in a 2 pound sheepshead for some reason my rod tip snapped. It was quite odd. I took the rod back to nameless tackle shop and this big guy boomed at me that i was trying to pull a scam and I that I had broken it off in the trunk. My god I was so angry I have never gone back. I have worked at Russ Mosher's, John Dixon Sporting Goods on St. Paul Street as a kid and Steve's Custom Tackle, and we always tried to help guys who had broken tips. Try where you bought it or even send a letter to the manufacturer which i have done successfully. Customer service has improved somewhat and good relations with customers, especially during these hard days, is paramount.

I know Rich.. I built a custom 13' and was trying it out when he was a 4th class constable .. He came up to me and wanted to try it ..Thats way back LOL..

You worked for Steve wells? whats your first name? I don't remember anyone working for him cept his wife ..The one on main st?? before he moved or after?

Terry bought that old store after Steve gave it up.. that didn't even open LOL

Cliff

Wow.....some old memories revived here ! I still have my hunting coat bought at Russ Moshers on St.Paul St.(still fits) , & I remember Steve Wells very well ......my cousin Bob has a rod with Steves name on it . I still use my 9' Black Hawk ultra light graphite rod I bought at the N.F Fenwick plant on Allen Ave . Lot of years on that rod !

Wow.....some old memories revived here ! I still have my hunting coat bought at Russ Moshers on St.Paul St.(still fits) , & I remember Steve Wells very well ......my cousin Bob has a rod with Steves name on it . I still use my 9' Black Hawk ultra light graphite rod I bought at the N.F Fenwick plant on Allen Ave . Lot of years on that rod !

holy smokes, eh! i still have a 7 foot Black Hawk what a rod! very cool, smerch!

I know Rich.. I built a custom 13' and was trying it out when he was a 4th class constable .. He came up to me and wanted to try it ..Thats way back LOL..

You worked for Steve wells? whats your first name? I don't remember anyone working for him cept his wife ..The one on main st?? before he moved or after?

Terry bought that old store after Steve gave it up.. that didn't even open LOL

Cliff

ha ha whatta small planet.... good ole Rich eh, I fished Port with his dad and brothers starting back in the 70s. I was at Steve's when he was across the street from Singer's for a short time in the late 80s I guess it was. My god eh you worked at Fenwick.... I bow before you, sir

I actually worked at fenwick building rods 100 years ago lol .. Thats how i got my passion.. been in business now for 30+ years doing what i do best...

so you must know Don Furhman, the rod builder from Hartzel Road, well decades ago lol

I was there a short time before they closed.. still in highschool working part time.. miss that place....i got some great deals on stuff I am sure we have crossed paths Dugger...

so you must know Don Furhman, the rod builder from Hartzel Road, well decades ago lol

I bought lews blanks off Don.. great guy..he always gave me the deals..

Archived